• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacement O-Rings for Fittings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natewildes

In leak testing my new radiator collection (well, a collection of used radiators from the calssies, that is), I've found that most of them have really bad o-rings, some of which are causing leaks. These would replace o-rings on 1/2" fittings, most of which are swiftech-make, but I don't think that makes a difference. I've found a few o-rings that I *think will fit/work on McMaster:
Sizing details:
Type O-Ring
Cross Section Shape Round
Width 3/32"
Inside Diameter 7/16"
Outside Diameter 5/8"

Part Numbers:
9452K23
94115K111
9396K24

Any thoughts?

natewildes said:
In leak testing my new radiator collection (well, a collection of used radiators from the calssies, that is), I've found that most of them have really bad o-rings, some of which are causing leaks. These would replace o-rings on 1/2" fittings, most of which are swiftech-make, but I don't think that makes a difference. I've found a few o-rings that I *think will fit/work on McMaster:
Sizing details:
Type O-Ring
Cross Section Shape Round
Width 3/32"
Inside Diameter 7/16"
Outside Diameter 5/8"

Part Numbers:
9452K23
94115K111
9396K24

Any thoughts?

You can do that, though I would go to the local hardware store first, see if they have anything that will work. Any lowes or home depot should have a large o-ring selection.
Dan

I wouldn't buy them either online. I would go down to Ace hardware and match them with my own two eyes.

plumber's tape is for tapered threads, not straight threads. Plumber's tape can easily get in the way of an o-ring and cause a barb to not seal.

voigts said:
I wouldn't buy them either online. I would go down to Ace hardware and match them with my own two eyes.

there is no better way. why pay dollars for them from online, when you can pay with pennies at ACE.

If you simply measure the O-Rings you can get replacements from Mcmaster in bags of 50 or 100. You'll have a ton of material options, unlike if you were to buy them from a hardware store.

Captain Slug said:
If you simply measure the O-Rings you can get replacements from Mcmaster in bags of 50 or 100. You'll have a ton of material options, unlike if you were to buy them from a hardware store.

Which is why McMaster sounded like a good idea, only there are so many material options I don't know what to do with myself! I'm also guessing their price per unit is a lot better than a local store...and hey, they make great FS thread freebies :D

Back