• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to RMA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

longerlasting

Registered
I have this ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145168
It worked great the first 3 days I had it. Then I started locking up in counter strike source. I am almost positive it is the ram, because it did fail in orthos. Should I RMA them and get something with micron chip or tinker around more with the ram first? I've tried more voltage through the ram, but don't know how much is being pushed through it. Will ram run at its rated voltage or is the mobo rated for a specific voltage and you have to up it? Any help would be great. And is there any prog I can use to read voltage for my ram?

I did and it made 4 passes in memtest. Not as many as I would have wanted, but I needed to do homework. When I ran it through orthos it failed in 2 minutes

You should try memtest longer when you have a chance. Orthos is too dependent on other factors to use it to determine if just your memory is at fault.

How many passes do you recommend before I stop running it? Or should I just do it over night?

Back