• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this algae killer safe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No one knows if iodine kills algae... The iodine may kill the bacteria but the algae may still flourish.

Has anyone tried using the swimming pool alacide?? I hear they are much more concentrated (due to the volumes of water fish tank vs swimming pool). And I hear the chemicals used in swimming pool algacide is much more potent just kills everything (does not need to be friendly to fish etc).

That is the exact same algaecide I have been using now for about 1 1/2 years. It works fine and I have yet to have any growth issues. I do however typically flush and drain at least every 6 months for one reason or another, usually because I am tinkering with something. I also throw in a few drops of alcohol free povidone-iodine.

voigts said:
That is the exact same algaecide I have been using now for about 1 1/2 years. It works fine and I have yet to have any growth issues. I do however typically flush and drain at least every 6 months for one reason or another, usually because I am tinkering with something. I also throw in a few drops of alcohol free povidone-iodine.
thanks for the info

Back