• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

an amd gospel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I find it kind of offensive myself.:(

I don't appreciate some asshat making fun of Christianity and that's what it looks to me like. Ed needs to seriously get back on his meds.:(

I can see why Christians could find it offensive and given the current climate, religious humor is probably in poor taste at best.

I merely find it rather pointless and ambiguous. Certainly there are better ways to get one's point across then nebulous rhetorical paraphrasing. Ed's better than this; "There is good in him... I know there... is" :D

Last edited:
muddocktor said:
I find it kind of offensive myself.:(

I don't appreciate some asshat making fun of Christianity and that's what it looks to me like. Ed needs to seriously get back on his meds.:(

I can't see how anybody can read that and say that it's making fun of Christianity. It's a humorous use of apochracal language... I'll give you that much... And a rather nice spin on ol' John:20... But he isn't talking about Christianity (He got rid of Jesus in line 2) he's talking about AMD. In the same way he could use the same verbalizations to talk about French Fries. He never mentioned anything about saints and sinners in there...

Not to mention the fact that nobody on Planet Earth talks like that anymore. AND the fact that the old Zeus, Odin, and... why not?... Trojan mythologies are all built around the same language.

Come now... let's not take INDIRECT religious offense. Otherwise he just insulting the Ancient Greeks, the Celtics, The Nordish Tribes, The Muslums, and the entire four decade run of Monty Python.

Mind you... I didn't think it was that funny but this:

"Except I shall see with my own eyes the FPS scores, and put my fingers onto the keyboard to run my benchmarks, and thrust my hand into His case to count the memory sticks, I will not believe."

"Thrust his hand into His case and count the memory sticks..."?

Give the devil his due... that was HILARIOUS.

P.S. I also enjoyed the moral of the story... Those insane, die-hard AMD fans holding out since last August may just be rewarded for their faith.

...not that it'll matter much to me. I'll have been using my E6400 for over a year by then.

Not for my tastes. Being a Christian it's all cool, but this is surely is not one of his better pieces. I remember laughing my tail off about the quad core and power supply problem. Now this one, not up there.

<----- Christian

I loved it...very fun read. My mental image of AMD will never be the same. :D

I can understand where some people will find offense in it, but I can remember a few sermons about not taking offense to things easily.

John G said:
<----- Christian

I loved it...very fun read. My mental image of AMD will never be the same. :D

I can understand where some people will find offense in it, but I can remember a few sermons about not taking offense to things easily.

Then there's the one about the Letter of the law versus the Word.

Peepaw said:
I'm Christian also but I also thought it was funny.
Than again I have rather thick skin.:)

agreed. I think it also depends on what kind of christian you are (not intensity though that matters too but denomination)

dweigert said:
I just take it for what it seems like, an end run around the NDA ;-)

If all goes well, in a couple of months, I'll be back in the states, able to speak fluent Spanish again, and able to decide the fate of ATI/NVIDIA with my pocketbook.

I'm particularly discouraged, however, by ATI power requirements. No 3DmarkScore is going to put me at ease with having to buy a 1000 watt power supply and doing as much damage as possible to my electricity bill, the environment, and my cute little BlueStorm.

All for the benefit of... what? An extra thousand points in 3DMark.

So that's the biggest thing I'm looking for: Whether or not ATI has decreased power comsumption down to some human level.

EDIT: I think i'll kill my post. I thought about it later at work ( i get bored easily at work, and have TONS of time to think ), and realized i may tick a few people off with my comment.

so in the spirit of keeping things civil, and not getting anyone mad at me, I'm editing my post.

for anyone who did read it...hope it didn't offend you.

Last edited:
I'd change it, that is REALLY close...if not already over...(I'm not offended by it, lol)

But I totally agree with you.

EDIT: zexmarquies01, didn't offend me, and I agreed with you! :bday:

Last edited:
zexmarquies01 said:
EDIT: I think i'll kill my post. I thought about it later at work ( i get bored easily at work, and have TONS of time to think ), and realized i may tick a few people off with my comment.

so in the spirit of keeping things civil, and not getting anyone mad at me, I'm editing my post.

for anyone who did read it...hope it didn't offend you.

I'm dead-set against you Mr. V...

You should've PMed me and had me read what you wrote before you deleted it. :)

Back