• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Huge difference from 2x120 rad vs 3x120?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

I am looking into getting a water cooling rig for my antec lanboy and I was just curious about the performance increase I could expect from using a Thermochill PA120.2 vs Thermochill PA120.3

Also, how much better is a Thermochill PA120.2 over a Black Ice Xtreme II Radiator?? Is it really worth the much greater price level?

Thanks

Its going to depend on if your current radiator is dissipating enough heat or not on your current loop. With that in mind, you might want to post details of your current loop. Either way it should be better, but huge will depend on whats going on in your current loop now.

--pak

If you are buying a rad other than a Thermochill, go with the Swiftech MCR rads. They are the next best thing to the Thermochills. As far as bang for the buck goes, the MCR320 is the hands down winner over the PA120.3. If you can fit a triple rad, use a triple rad. More cooling surface is always a good thing.

If you have the money and want the best, then get a PA120.3.

The difference in preformance between BIX and thermochill is very little once you move to high CFM fans...

Back