• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Running memory unlinked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

This is a term thats new to me .So what does it mean to run unlinked? I read were a guy wanted to switch from a DFI Infinity Dark 965P-S to a 680i so he could run his memory unlinked.Is there some bios option so you can run the memory independent of the FSB?I now feel like a total noob but i never heard of this before today

Last edited:
gigabit said:
This a term thats new to me .So what does it mean to run unlinked? I read were a guy wanted to switch from a DFI Infinity Dark 965P-S to a Evga 680i so he could run his memory unlinked.Is there some bios option so you can run the memory indapedent of the FSB?I now feel like a total noob but i never heard of this before today
On some motherboards it is possible to set the ram at a specific speed. I have yet to have one in my hands to work on that does it, but I've heard of it. There is also the multiplier for the RAM, which is FSB dependant.

gigabit said:
Thats what i thought i just wanted to be sure.Because that would make overclocking a lot better if you have crappy ram..lol

Very much so.

Back