• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GKX or GMH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I only saw one review of the firesticks that were GKX and those didn't make it to market (they were DDR2-800 cas4)..

GKX is higher binned then GMH by Micron but in most applications both ram is overkill.

the firestix are probably not going to be using gkx again.ive no confirmation but im pretty sure at that price they will be running gmh.i would say your best bet for gkx is going to be cellshock ddr2 1000 cas4(confirmed gkx)or cas5(gmh and gkx).the cellshocks are expensive and very hard to find in stock anywhere tho.
Frys has that same ocz 1066 for only $189.newegg has the ocz ddr2 1100 for $229 as well.both are d9gmh and very good deals.

Well this is what I was going off of thinking the Buffalo was GKX. I was trying to decide between the two as I thought the OCZ was GMH for 189 from outpost and the Firestix was GKX for $214.

I would buy that Ballistix in a second if it were still at the $185 price point that the above thread specifies. Looks like that was the price 3 days ago (I'm assuming since that was kemo6600's last edit), but has since gone up to $240.

Given what you guys have told me, it seems the best deal is the OCZ GMH for 189. It's selling everywhere else for at least $30 more.

After all, even with a 7x multiplier, it's highly doubtful any CPU I get will need more than 530 FSB. I'm not such a nazi for tight timings that I'll pay an extra $50 for them.

edit: then again... it looks like that Ballistix is selling significantly cheaper on newegg than anywhere else. Do you really think I'd get much better timings by going with it over the OCZ? The practical in me wants to save $50. The overclocker in me wants the best...

Last edited:
GKX is not necessarily gunna clock higher than GMH, it comes down to how the RAM was binned by the mem company. I'd say either of those options should do well.

I had that Crucial that Guatam linked.

Did 600MHz 5-4-4-5 with only 2.45v

Very good stuff

And thats on 965P too!

Back