• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where can I score the cheapest d9 avail?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ncix has it cheap as well but i dont know if its confirmed d9gmh unfortunately.

well thats entirely up to you and the budget tbh.prices are definately right on all of the c2ds right now.what mb are you going with?
spread the word on that crucial...im sure it wont last long :D

maxfly said:
well thats entirely up to you and the budget tbh.prices are definately right on all of the c2ds right now.what mb are you going with?
spread the word on that crucial...im sure it wont last long :D

telling all my friends as I type HAHA....

well, I might be wrong but with this ram would a e6320 really help make this ram shine with its low multi? or would the e6420 womp its booty?

as for the mobo....it's between the gigabyte ds3, the new bad boy on the block dfi infinity, or...should I got with a 680i chipset?

those are all I can think of...

*EDIT* I do NOT plan on ever using SLI

the ds3 and infinity are solid choices.either of the two should be fine with the high fsb those mbs offer.many of the 680/650i are sweet ocers too so its a hard call :/
either of those cpus will love the scalability of the d9s so id go with what you like best for the money.that crucial should have no problem topping them out.whichever you go with itll be a screamer if you pair it with solid cooling.

maxfly said:
the ds3 and infinity are solid choices.either of the two should be fine with the high fsb those mbs offer.many of the 680/650i are sweet ocers too so its a hard call :/
either of those cpus will love the scalability of the d9s so id go with what you like best for the money.that crucial should have no problem topping them out.whichever you go with itll be a screamer if you pair it with solid cooling.

I am probably going to get a thermalright ultra 120 with an adjustable 120mm fan...I have been debating water cooling, but with the temps this heatsink is capable of hitting, along with the cost/performance ratio..it's hard for me to justify water.....

treepop said:
I am probably going to get a thermalright ultra 120 with an adjustable 120mm fan...I have been debating water cooling, but with the temps this heatsink is capable of hitting, along with the cost/performance ratio..it's hard for me to justify water.....
thats a great choice.i agree wcing is a bit pricey especially if your switching platforms.

DUDE! that ram just went up another $16...I decided to go with 4 gigs instead of just 2...but man...those jerks jacked up the price on the way home from my work to my home!...$16! sigh

I hope that 4 gigs overclocks as well as 2gigs...I at least hope I can hit 3ghz with this setup...

corsair 620hx psu
dfi infinity 965p
4 gigs d9 balistix ram
e6320
thermalright ultra 120 extreme
and a 8800gts 320meg

argh i had heard that buy.com was reknowned for price increases.i guess it was true!
ive had no problems at all running 4gigs with my rig so far.just picked up a new mb and havent tried 4gb in it tho.with the p5w it was golden.i hit 4.0 with all 4gbs in it.
thats gonna be a very sweet rig when your finished man!
btw i just checked the crucials at buy.com and their sold out.good thing you snagged em when u did!

Damn just missed out on the ballistix cheap : /, I did however grab a set of those G.Skills mentioned earlier in the thread and as far as I know (from someone who got the same at the egg around a week ago and opened the spreaders and posted pics) it comes with the new black 8 layer pcb and D9GMH chips. I guess it is just hit and miss but I have seen quite a few people running these at DDR1200 (though I'm not expecting it, I'd certainly be thrilled it they could). According to newegg I'll have them tomorrow and I'll post som results after I finish this upgrade.

I also picked up a 590sli mobo, 150gb raptor x, x2 3600+ brisbane, and a 7600GT (this card is just temporary). Still have to get a PSU and a new heasink and fans, hopefully I can get that done today. And hopefully both cpu and ram will clock well If not I certainly won't be mad as one way or another this was a large upgrade for basically free so I cant complain. I'll post results when I get everything I need to push the system. Man it's been a while since my last build, can't wait to get at it. :drool:

maxfly said:
argh i had heard that buy.com was reknowned for price increases.i guess it was true!
ive had no problems at all running 4gigs with my rig so far.just picked up a new mb and havent tried 4gb in it tho.with the p5w it was golden.i hit 4.0 with all 4gbs in it.
thats gonna be a very sweet rig when your finished man!
btw i just checked the crucials at buy.com and their sold out.good thing you snagged em when u did!

I am really happy I snagged them when I did too. I had a feeling they would run dry very soon. I just email a rep about why my order was taking so long (48 hours hehe) worried my order went in but they oversold. I was told this wasnt the case and I would recieve and email as soon as it shipped. WOOT!

I really hope my system gets some great results like yours did w/ 4gigs in it. I would be very pumped if I hit 4ghz on it.

I have however opted to purchase an x1900xt 512 instead of the 8800gts 320meg. I just snagged the x1900xt for $150 so I couldn't pass it up. I plan to upgrade it once I find a game that can actually push it at 1680x1050 res., the direct x 10 wars have begun, prices begin to drop and I start seeing some direct x 10 games being released. At that time I am thinking of going quad core and getting either an 8800gtx or r600 from AMD depending on which is the best bang for the $.:)

Back