• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

____ 8800 GTX Water Cooling Hardware ____

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_Integration_

I recently installed a liquid cooling device called "Freezone" from Coolit for my CPU and it works great. Now I would like to get an independent water cooling kit for my XFX 8800 GTX XXX Edition because it really does run hot. I've looked at many 8800 GPU waterblocks and I'm still a little confused which one I should go for. My main problem though is to find some good water cooler that is designed or supposed keep hot temperatures down. I definitely want an exterior device, I don't want anything else other then the tube inside the case. I looked at Zalman's Reserator 1 V2, Reserator2 and I was told by Zalman techs that neither of those would work or be compatible. Does anyone agree with that? Again I just want to cool the video card and nothing more. Can anyone please recommend me something good (I don't care if it's $300+) or give me any other suggestions. Thank you. :)

MB: ASUS P5W-DH Deluxe
CPU: X6800
RAM: Corsair Dominator 2GB
Video: XFX 8800 GTX XXX Ed.
Sound: Creative X-FI Fatality
HDD: Dual Seagate 750GB

Case and Fans:

Thermaltake Kandalf Super Tower

Front:
2x 92mm fans

Rear:
1x 120mm fan
1x 92mm fan (not PSU)
1x PCI exhaust fan (Directly under video card)

Top:
1x 92mm fan

Side Panel:
1x 25CM fan

Have you considered going full out and doing a loop with your cpu and gpu? Patch working together these devices/kits is just going to cost you more money for less performance. For the price range you mentioned ($300+) you could build a top of the line loop.

Deathknight said:
Have you considered going full out and doing a loop with your cpu and gpu? Patch working together these devices/kits is just going to cost you more money for less performance. For the price range you mentioned ($300+) you could build a top of the line loop.

I agree you would be better off with a whole loop but if your set on the way you have things you could just use a external cooler and a water block like these :beer:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2...ling_Kit_-_Black_EX2-750BK.html?tl=g30c83s138

http://www.petrastechshop.com/ekgtxfucowaf.html

Last edited:
Yes it has to be exterior, I have my reasons. :) Again I love my Coolit Freezone because it cools my OC'ed CPU well cool so I'm not abandoning it at all. The Koolance Exos-2 External Water Cooling Kit looks really good and so just to make sure I can use this with my 8800 solo right?

Back