• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GTS Water Block Needed bad!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've got my 8800GTS on the EK 8800GTS block and it's the most impressive water block I have ever owned. My temps went from 70*C load on stock cooler to 41*C on water.

So whats the definitive word on these full-cover blocks? People were claiming they would be much more restrictive, but I haven't seen any head-to-head tests.

I vote mcw60 simply because the cooling is comparable to the EK, and it will be viable for many more cards in the future, whereas the EK is built for a specific pcb design. One of the things I like about watercooling is that if you do it right, the same loop can be with you through multiple upgrade sessions. Add to this the fact that the EK is $70 more, and bingo.

MadMan007 said:
One thing to remember about the mcw60 cost is you have to factor in Ramsinks and VR(voltage regulator)sinks.

Thats the reason I went with the EK block over the MCW60, it was only $35 more for me after factoring those in.

Another advantage to a full coverage block is the ability to really push the memory a lot further then you would normally be able to. The small performance loss on the GPU is made up by the RAM.

I still think the mcw60 is a good block for the reasons posted by jack, I don't know about performance differences though. I just wanted to make sure that people remember the mcw60 block alone doesn't represent the full cost.

Yeah the MCW60 is a great block. But you need to factor in all the other costs. Like the many different ramsinks, the conversion kit, and the block itself... And passive cooling on some of those ICs just frightens the heck outta me.

Last edited:
Back