• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GSKILL 2x 1024 HZ still D9? maybe so!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Titanos

Registered
got them the other day and fiddled around with them last night, was able to OC the RAM very high, did not remove heat spreader to check for d9s but did get 520mhz for my ram.

still not able to get a high CPU overclock tho which leaves me to believe its my MB thats holding me back

260x123120.jpg

sorry for the small pic

These are D9 for sure, as I'm getting the same great speeds with mine.

One question though: Is it safe to run these at 2.3v for extended periods (everyday use)?

aaronjb said:
These are D9 for sure, as I'm getting the same great speeds with mine.

One question though: Is it safe to run these at 2.3v for extended periods (everyday use)?

good question, i think 2.3v voids warrenty doesnt it? but i got mine at 2.2 or 2.3, not sure at the moment, but i have that corsair dominator fan cooler on mine right now and it keeps it very cool :)

Deanzo said:
As long as you keep them cool, you should be fine.

ie: mount a fan over them.

I have a (hideous looking, but functional) OCZ RAM cooler over them. Hopefully that's enough airflow, because the sticks weren't stable at 1050 @ 2.2v.

Back