• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR2-800 PC2-6400 Memory Buying Advice: Corsair, mushkin, G.Skill, Patriot, OCZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

troutinator

Okay, time for a quick memory showdown, rebates are running out fast!

All kits are 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) and priced withen $15 of each other:

Let's get started, I'm looking for the most bang for my buck. Since they are all priced to move its all about OC'ing. I'm pairing them with an ASUS P5N-E SLI NVidia 650i and a E6420 (when they come out in a week or so) which I plan to OC as high as I can stabely with a Thermalright Ultra-120.

Also, any scuttle-butt on memory prices falling a ton by mid-May?

troutinator said:
Okay, time for a quick memory showdown, rebates are running out fast!

All kits are 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) and priced withen $15 of each other:

Let's get started, I'm looking for the most bang for my buck. Since they are all priced to move its all about OC'ing. I'm pairing them with an ASUS P5N-E SLI NVidia 650i and a E6420 (when they come out in a week or so) which I plan to OC as high as I can stabely with a Thermalright Ultra-120.

Also, any scuttle-butt on memory prices falling a ton by mid-May?

well it looks like your looking to spend at least 180 bucks or so, and since your going toto OC why not get G SKILL 6400 HZ which have D9s and its what i just got and they clock high 1040 easy

i had those patriots but returned them for the gskill when i read they had d9s, but

If you check the prices again, they all come out about ~$140 after-rebate. So I'm not looking outside these chips unless its for the same amount.

I just got these.Right now running DDR2 1000 4-4-4-12 at 2.3v. 100% Stable.Its the best $134.99 i ever spent on computer parts.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820144062

I only bought them to hold me over til my OCZ's come back from rma but if the new set doesnt do better than these i will be selling the OCZ's even though they are D9GMH's and the Geils aren't.But my system runs way better with these Geils. No more cold boot issue's like i had with my OCZ'z at anything over DDR2 800 4-4-4-12.

Attachments

• Geil DDR2 6400 (Medium).JPG
    Geil DDR2 6400 (Medium).JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:
Meh, how come no one mentions OCZ's flexxlc memory? The pc9200s come with D9's don't they for decent money.

I think we should just all start buying in mass-quantity and start our own 'lil OCF store :beer:

gvblake22 said:
How is Wintec's reliability? They seem fairly new to the enthusiast memory market, are people happy with their performance?
According to the reviews they are a reliable company. I have just one friend that bought 2GB of Wintec DDR2 667 and he was able to overclock it to DDR2 800 no problem. Had the two sticks for about a week now.

Back