• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's this mean?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir Phoenixx

Registered
memorylr1.jpg

Why's that there? Shouldn't it just be the 200mhz column like the second slot on the right?

That's the secondary timing set programmed into the SPD.

Are those sticks bought individually or as a dual channel kit?

largon said:
No. That's incorrect. :rolleyes:

Well don't just tell me I'm wrong. Explain please.:)
I'm here to learn just like everyone else.:)

To the op, I didn't mean to mislead.

Edit: I didn't notice that both pics were on the spd tab.

Those 133 timmings are what you Ram would default to in a older P4 system that sets the FSB @ 133 .

Real odd---because I do have a stick of exactly that ram--corsair vs512mb400
and I have never seen that 133mhz setting displayed in the spd tab of cpu-z
ver 1.38 or 1.39. I also note my versions of cpu-z does not display ram manufacturer date although programs like everest 2.2 and PC wizard will. But to find out what speed of the two your ram is being run at in your computer, you need to look at the memory tab of cpu-z---which will then display current memory bus speeds and actual timings used.

But this thread also relates to some other recent threads on the corsair forums. With the assertion being--that vs512mb400 will fail to be recognized at all in the bios of a computer with a mobo only capable of PC2100.--at least under modern standards of spd---and one person had indeed bought a gig stick and attempted to put in in a IBM netvista only capable of PC2100. And indeed--proof in the pudding--found his computer would not recognize or post using the vs1gb400c3. At which point it was also pointed out that this may be only true in computers with proprietary bioses like an IBM or a dell---leaving me and other wondering if this would be true also for various more generic consumer motherboards like an asus or others.---and since no real examples came in, there the threads died--and now manufacture date may be another joker in the deck.

So if possible Sir Phoenixx, could you download and install some free program that will display manufacture date and let us know what is displayed. Another harder method would be to swap ram in slot one and two---and see if you then get a dual spd speed with slot 2 and not with slot 1---something you may have to do anyway if your memory bus speed is stuck at 133mhz.

Back