• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ne one used this ram in their AMD system ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

"We will be replacing your memory with an OCZ5002048EBPE-K Dual Channel 2GB Kit rated for CL3-2-3 timings at DDR500 speeds."

ne one ran these on a amd system ? Do they run 1t @ those speeds ? and ne one with the ram how far did it oc ?

i dont know about the platinums or what chips they use, ive had experience with the Gold XTC though and it was impressive 255Mhz @ 3.3.2.5 1T. Id expect the platinum clocks to be a bit shy of that, it didnt like high frequencies but it was fine with tight timings, you could probably expect similar

I don't have that exact set, but I've had pretty good luck this this set of performance series. Given mine is DDR-400, but I can hit around 500-510 speeds on 3-3-3-6@1T. and about 470 on 2-3-3-5@1T. I'm not sure you can go wrong with OCZ.

||Console|| said:
"We will be replacing your memory with an OCZ5002048EBPE-K Dual Channel 2GB Kit rated for CL3-2-3 timings at DDR500 speeds."

ne one ran these on a amd system ? Do they run 1t @ those speeds ? and ne one with the ram how far did it oc ?

I'm using that exact kit in my system and it does run at 1T at those speeds. As for the OC on them, that I don't know because I have never had to OC them.

evilrad said:
I'm using that exact kit in my system and it does run at 1T at those speeds. As for the OC on them, that I don't know because I have never had to OC them.
I take t you use a divider to keep the ram @ 250?

||Console|| said:
I take t you use a divider to keep the ram @ 250?

That is correct. Since my processor is running at 300x10, I use the 5/6 divider to run the RAM at 250. I don't think the RAM will do 300 if I put it on the 1:1 divider, and I'm sure it won't do 375 if I put it on the 5/4 divider.

Back