• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Armor LCS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Komrade

Registered
Hey guys im planning on going to a store and physically looking at this thing so see if its worth 300$. i know that the thermaltake water cooling kit wont really be that great to start off with but i figure it would be nice to start my water cooling off with it. Cause in totaly the whle kit ends up costing less than 100$. Right now i have an old system, well kinda old, its a P4 3.0 with Abit IC7-G mobo. my biggest concern is...when i buy a new system i will keep the same case and most likely get separate water cooling compenents. The new compenents are most likely gonna be:

MCP655 for pump
Black ice Extreme 120.2 rad
Appogee universal cpu block
not sure which video card illl be getting so ill have to see on the block fro that later, also no idea on the NB block either.
most likely 1/2" tubing and a thermaltake drive bay res.

so im not sure if this will actually give me batter cooling than the thermaltake kit or do i have to step up to a 120.3 rad which would probably have to be moved to the top of the case (if it fits there).

Another concern is if i go with 1/2" tubing i see that most compenets dont really have 1/2" tubing inside it. like the radiator so im wondering doesnt this jsut bottleneck the system anyway? so is there a difference between the tubing sizes 3/8" and 1/2"?

Back