• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mounting WC parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ancalime

Hey guys. I am considering setting up a water cooling setup for my next rig but I am unfortunately a complete noob! I started reading up on watercooling just yesterday and have finally got a good idea on which items I need as well as the best rads/blocks/etc..

Unfortunately, despite my readings I am still confused on the mounting of the parts. Apparently, this topic is way too newb because the articles I have read never explained how to actually mount some of the parts.

My main concerns are mounting the radiator and reservoir. I have looked at some pics of a mounted Thermalchill PA120.2/3 on cases like the TT Armor. I than look at the pic of the inside of the TT Armor and have no idea how the guy mounted the Thermalchill on this thing! The picture I am referring to was posted on another thread and here it is: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/funkysole/DSC01317.jpg
When looking at the pic of the Armor, no screw holes are located in that position! Also I thought the screw holes on the radiators were to screw fans in. So if all of the holes were occupied by fan screws, how would one go about mounting the radiator? I'm sorry there is probably something obvious I am missing but I just don't know what! Also, on the same pic, I don't get how the bent metal clips were secured on the case in order to screw the reservoir onto it.

I am sorry, these are probably incredibly newb questions but I never saw a WC setup ever in my life. If my installation concerns are cleared, I might actually turn my recent WC fantasies into reality. Please help, thanks! :beer:

there is no set way to Connect the Rad. If you want to use screws you can just get long ones that fit through the fan . I use zip ties my self to hole my Rad in the from of my Armor

Oh I see, thanks for the reply. Is setting up a WC system an overall simple process?

Yea it will come with instructions . Normaly it is as simple as a allen key (would be included) or just thumb screws

btw you have ne 3dmark compairs I woould like so see the diff vs sli

Back