• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just finished new WCin' setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hawkbizkit

Well after being out of Watercooling for some time now i made the jump back into it before the summer months hit.

Specs:
Hydor L20
Swiftech Apogee GT
Hardware Labs Black Ice Pro 120
Thermaltake Big Water UV Coolant
Home Depot Tubing 3/8 ID / 1/2 OD

You are a brave man putting an L20 on an apogee. I have owned an L20, and they are great for noise, but I would worry about the relatively large pressure drop across that new block working its evil on an older pump. With a single fan rad, its more than likely viable, but, heh, as I said.. brave.

well my L20 isn't that loud at all the way i have it setup, plus the fans i have in the case muffle any sounds i might hear from it.

Also this is just a test setup i'm gonna build a C2D rig with a 8800gts for this next month and rest assured the 8800 will get put in the loop.

You misunderstand, the L20 is most definitely quiet, but at the cost of that silence it is pretty weak. I would say that the single 120 rad combined with the weak pump would be a dangerous combination if a gpu block were added.

Back