• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC'd my CM 830!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeffnWV

Jump into the WC thing...
e6600 w/ Apogee GT, 2-8800gtx's w/ Petra's EK full cover blocks, Swiftech's ddd-2 w/ Petra's top mod, pa 120.3 and 7/16 Tygon

The CM 830 comes with an opening on the floor pre-drilled for a dual 120mm radiator...that needed to be modified. I am VERY happy the way it turned out.
I've left enuff room for a single 120 rad to be mounted on the back (inside) and plan to run 1/4" lines to a NB and memory sinks loop. After the final loop is installed, final wire management will take place.

Took a fan bracket from an ancient PC case to fab a bracket for my pump...made a great place for shameless plugs.

Reservoir is just a foot long piece of 3/8 tubing (main loop is 7/16 Tygon) coming off that top EK block..will order a couple nice fittings from EK and change it out when I do the next phase.

One other mod I did was to the PSU. Those OCZ 1kw power units are LOUD! So I dug around the pc graveyard downstairs and found a couple old PSU's with 80 mm Yate Loons!! yehaw! I swapped the oem mini tornado out and using the thread technology (watch the lil stringie blow in the wind!) I saw no difference in apparent cfm (yes the OCZ fan is full speed all the time) And to be safe, I took and old fan shroud and mounted the other Loon in front of the PSU so it's got a push & pull setup at near silent running ( it is inaudible with the case closed up) So I saved myself a bunch o' mulah and not worried about the warrenty.

Attachments

• fanage3.jpg
    fanage3.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 80
  • flrcut3.jpg
    flrcut3.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 77
  • after3.jpg
    after3.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 89
  • inlet3.jpg
    inlet3.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 65
  • spacious3.jpg
    spacious3.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Looks good.

I did notice in the first pic that you seem to have a kink forming between your video blocks. May want to look into that before it becomes a real problem.

nope no kinks...looks a lil suspicious because the tubing is fattened over the barbs and starts the turns. added a couple other pics to help show that

Yea, but tube flattening is what causes a kink especially in a bend.

Edit: Ahh ok I see the new pics now..

Back