• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nor'Easter 2007 500 Person LAN

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slayer2003

I'm helping spread the word of a huge LAN event going on the in the New England area, May 19th-20th, at the Shriners Auditorium in Wilmington Mass. This will be the 4th event hosted by the group LPANE, and will have a TON of prizes, donated by a very impressive list of sponsors.

A brief summery of the prizes taken from their site:

"LPANE is pleased to announce that our Premium sponsor for the Nor'Easter 2007 LAN event is the Intel® Corporation. As most of you know, Intel has been producing the Core™ 2 line of desktop processors, a boon for gamers and power users alike. The flagship of the Core 2 line is the Core 2 Extreme. Intel has graciously sponsored us 10, thats right TEN, Core 2 Extreme processors for this year's event! One of the processors donated will be used in a special raffle, available exclusively to prepaid attendees only. The others will be given out by Intel and LPANE during the event. These babies are worth a whopping $1,000 each, so make sure to prepay and reserve your seat today!

A number of Intel employees will be at the event to host their exhibitor booth. You'll be able to be see first hand what they offer the gaming community, and be able to use their demo stations to test their latest products. More information on their exhibitor plans, and what they'll be providing will be made available at a later date.
"

"LPANE is pleased to announce that LaserWarez will be joining us for this event as an Exhibitor at our Nor'Easter 2007 event. LaserWarez will be on hand to show off some samples of their laser engraving, and help explain the services they provide. LaserWarez has pledged to donate a Dogtag, silencer, and 24" beaded chain for every single prepaid participant this event. Each Dogtag will have the event name and logo on one side, and will be personalized with each person's name and handle on the other. This is just another perk that prepaying will get you."

So, over $10,000 in new C2E stuff, plus each person that prepays gets their own personalized laser engraved dogtag by LazerWarez.....and, well, just head on over to the site. Way too much for me to list here.:santa:

All the details and information can be found on the site listed below. Come join us in the fun, it would be nice to see fellow forum members in person. And ya never know, you may be the one walking away with a new component for your rig. :D

http://noreaster.lpane.net/

Last edited:
If only they had such a thing in Missouri, but we too poor for fancy stuff like that around here. xD As I say so often.

Wow. Slots are filling up fast. Theirs only 100 seats left. Im going to try my hardest to go to this. 500 man lan with 10 C2E's up for grabs. Should be a amazing/crazy time.

Anyone know how long this has been going on? This particular party? I would think it would be fun to get one going for the midwest. Anyone with me?

I think i'm in on this one. I'm going to bring my two sons, they would love to drink soda and game all night long!! :) Plus my youngest son could probably win one of the tournaments, damn kid is good with video games!

If I didn't live in the middle of nowhere, I would go. I used to live on the east coast. I suppose that I'm kicking myself in the *** because I moved. Good luck everyone that goes. I wish I could get me a C2E

g14novak said:
Wow. Slots are filling up fast. Theirs only 100 seats left. Im going to try my hardest to go to this. 500 man lan with 10 C2E's up for grabs. Should be a amazing/crazy time.

We have over 400 signups, but only 280 of those have secured their seats by paying. Unless those people all show up at the door to pay, we really have 220 seats left to fill. :)

IAmMoen said:
Anyone know how long this has been going on? This particular party? I would think it would be fun to get one going for the midwest. Anyone with me?

This is our third year for our large events. We started planning for the first event sometime in the spring of 2004, but really, we were looking for a location for 3 years before that. Finding a location with the space, power, and price is very difficult. We finally found a place that met our space and price requirements, and we provide our own power. In 2006 we also co-hosted a smaller event at an Intel facility, with Intel.

The staff members are all seasoned LAN party veterans, some of whom have a few LANs under their belts, and others who literally have hosted dozens. I hosted my first LAN in November of 1994. :)

Last edited:
SuperDave1685 said:
Where exactly is this even taking place? I can't seem to find that info anywhere?
http://noreaster.lpane.net/information.php

Event: Nor'Easter Spring 2007 presented by LPANE
99 Fordham Road
Wilmington, MA 01887

Date: May 19th-20th, 2007
Time: 9:00 AM Saturday - 5:00 PM Sunday
Maximum Players: 500
Tournaments: CS:S, BF2, and UT2004. Details below.
Cost: $30 until January 31st
$40 until May 12th
$50 at the door
$5 Spectator

p1ssboy said:
We have over 400 signups, but only 280 of those have secured their seats by paying. Unless those people all show up at the door to pay, we really have 220 seats left to fill. :)

It's about time you poped your head in here. :beer:

I can't wait, I've missed the last event due to rig issues, but have been to the others. I've been attending LANs hosted by these folks since '99, and can vouch for them, they always throw an amazing LAN.

Just in time too, my new rig is almost done. :)

Gaming Regime (www.gamingregime.com) The guys I'm going with actually aren't in my clan, just for those 2 days they are haha. They're good friends though.

Oh, and we're all prepaid :D

Just wondering, is it ok to bring a dolly or something to wheel all my crap in on, then toss back in my car? Also, are coolers ok? I think you guys are part of the staff there, so you would probably know.

Seen them asked on the lan forums, but they haven't really received definitive answers.

Anyways, hope to see you there!

Mr. Roboto said:
Just wondering, is it ok to bring a dolly or something to wheel all my crap in on, then toss back in my car? Also, are coolers ok? I think you guys are part of the staff there, so you would probably know.

Yes, and Yes. We'd prefer if you kept the cooler in your car, at least at the beginning, if possible. The less things you bring through check-in at the very beginning, the quicker it is for everyone. (I am staff, slayer is a longtime guest)

p1ssboy said:
Yes, and Yes. We'd prefer if you kept the cooler in your car, at least at the beginning, if possible. The less things you bring through check-in at the very beginning, the quicker it is for everyone. (I am staff, slayer is a longtime guest)

Yeah, I'd probably do that anyways, grab it after the rush dies down that is. Sweet, thanks for the info. And I just got an e-mail from you about the event haha. Should be a great time, this will actually be my first real LAN.

They just passed the 300-person mark for prepaid gamers.........not much time left folks!

Back