• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can anyone help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orty84

Registered
hi just got a pc from m8 and when i switch it on it says DDR 266 memory clock is :133mhz

tcl:25 trcd:3 tras:6(2t timing nf3 250 gb/ultra

can anyone please help me thanks

it wont start up just get that message the hard drive works fine and memory does aswell

it helps if you tell us what is in the pc. ;)

i would look up the mobo on google (there should be a model number printed somewhere on the board) and try to find a manual or something. there should be a jumper on the mobo that will clear the cmos, so you can start fresh with all default settings.

if that doesn't do it, then you will have to take the time to try and replace parts and see what is messed up.

it could also be software, if the old OS is somehow damaged it could prevent you from loading.

To orty84,

When you have something that dead---you have to have some tools in your toolbox to narrow things down---or it could be anything---which is an impossibly wide universe to troubleshoot.

You could start out with a dos boot disk---on a floppy or a cd---can you log onto a cd drive or a floppy?--can you then log onto the hard drive?--whats on the hard drive?---something like memtest86 will test memory for errors---having something like a knoppix cd would be even better and would let you see if linux loads--and maybe narrow things to the C drive.

And human beatbox is also right---find your mobo # and download the manual. And if you can get into the bios---you can start getting clues---and one other thing---if this computer has been joosled around in shipping, open the case and see if boards or connectors have jarred loose.

Sometimes you find your problem by elimination---and you look at the things the computer can do to find what it can't do.

But you are going to have to post a lot more detail before anyone here or anywhere can help you troubleshoot.

Back