• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ceramique and 8800 gtx cores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeffnWV

curious what the proportionate size and orientation of the gpu's core is?
The instructions for ceramique and dual/quad cores is specific for the direction to lay the compound. I would like to know how the gpu cores are for proper application.
Is it a square in the center or elongated? the heat spreader is large as well..is the core larger than a dual core's?

JeffnWV said:
curious what the proportionate size and orientation of the gpu's core is?
The instructions for ceramique and dual/quad cores is specific for the direction to lay the compound. I would like to know how the gpu cores are for proper application.
Is it a square in the center or elongated? the heat spreader is large as well..is the core larger than a dual core's?

check out this article
http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4352

they actually removed the IHS of the 8800... the core is pretty big along with the ihs as it is huge... i would say about 2x the ammount you would use on say a p4 w/ IHS...

Personally I think whoever is telling you to apply in one direction or the other isn't quite on the money ;) Here's what a GTX looks like with freshly pulled cooler. 43mm square IHS not including the perimeter mount.

G80-core.jpg

G80_cooler.jpg

Last edited:
the "directional" thing was for 2 and 4 core cpu's because they are rectangular in layout and direction under the square IHS

The instructions were per Ceramique's application instructions on their website

Back