• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is where my radiator and T is going to go...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raizy

Parts should arrive tomorrow at around 5 p.m. :D woopie I hope nothing bad happens or any delays; hope those estimated delivery dates are accurate.

The top of the case has an ugly hole now, cause you see I don't have a machine shop inside my apartment :D I used a hand held drill....it wasn't even ment to be used for metals :eek: The saw's teeth went flat lol..

Attachments

• Messy fan hole.JPG
    Messy fan hole.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 125
  • Radiator set up.JPG
    Radiator set up.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 129
  • Top of case.JPG
    Top of case.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
khriez said:
The top of the case has an ugly hole now,
So, you fubarred your case.......
That's easy to fix. Just pop rivet on an aluminum plate.

Move the rad to the rear, mount it on standoffs, add a shroud, add a drain, put the T-line (from the pump inlet, there's less turbulance there) in the front where it will be easier to get to for filling, and put the other PSU somewhere else.

Fan sizes don't matter, only CFMs. Don't forget the CFMs from the PSU(s).
Intake CFMs should be about equal to exhaust CFMs.

Attachments

• Plate.jpg
    Plate.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
I have no experience with using tools like standoffs, does it matter which ones? I don't think I can put my PSU anywhere else, there is no room insdie the case, even the empty drive bays.

Also I think I need to make my own fan shroud, the radiator is a Stealth GTS 360 Black Ice. Are fan shrouds really that necessary ? If it is, well in my case it's probably not since I'm only cooling the video card lol. Yeah I know that radiator is overkill, but at least I won't have to upgrade a radiator if I decide to cool the CPU and other components. :D

'Oy. that isn't a very pritty design IMO. Seems like you could mount it on the side and utilize that caverous hole which won't need a fan anymore since you're wc
BUT
if you do keep your location for rad I'd reverse that center fan so the air through the rad is fresh cooler air...might as well reverse all of them while you're at it.

khriez said:
I have no experience with using tools like standoffs, does it matter which ones?
No, not really. One easy way is to use long bolts that fit the mounting holes on the rad. 2" is a good distance between the rad and case.

Also I think I need to make my own fan shroud, the radiator is a Stealth GTS 360 Black Ice. Are fan shrouds really that necessary ?
Shrouds don't provide that more performance if your rad has a built in plenum. However, if the plenum provides less than an inch of clearance between the fan and the rad fins, a shroud will cut down on the noise. And if there would be little or no clearance between the fans and fins, a shroud is essential to keep the fan hub from creating a dead spot in the rad.

JeffnWV said:
'Oy. that isn't a very pritty design IMO. Seems like you could mount it on the side and utilize that caverous hole which won't need a fan anymore since you're wc

Damn, I don't know why I thought I HAD to mount it flat (I guess I lack the creativity)... Mounting on it's side would of been much more convenient, and efficient. I also wouldn't of had damaged my dad's drilling saws.

But I'm going to keep it the same and reverse that fans like you said.

Lol, anwyays I got it assembled 2 days ago...

It was a pain moutning the fans on the radiator because i wanted fan grills on top of them and the screws were barely long enough to attach the fans+fan grills.

Also I mixed up the tubing... I didn't check the direction of the pump's flow (I just assumed -- idiot me), so I got even more confused and changed my T-line position; even though it would of been fine the way I had planned it before if I would of just re-assembled the tubing.

I also had a pelt installed but removed it the next day since my comp started acting funny (probably condensation -- there was water inside the neoprene hole after removing TEC. uughs... what a messy set-up. ./newb.

Attachments

• IMGP0331.JPG
    IMGP0331.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 129
Snap, did mine a few weeks ago. my rad is bolted to a fan frame(fan removed) uses a blowhoole i'd made earlier.

waterCooling%20045.jpg

luck:D

Supershanks what ID tubing are you using? I used 7/16" ID masterkleer and I didn't use the wormdriver holes... it was really tight when I boiled the tubes and slided it onto the barbs.

My system is old :D How old? I used the floppy to install RAID drivers hehe.

using 1/2" ID 1/2" Clear High Flex Hose (XSPC)
a m8 had recommended clearflex to me was gonna get that but then saw the customer reviews on this so got it. I must say i'm impressed with it & so's my m8:D

Use floppy 4 same reason, though now have usb flash drive will probably remove floppy sometime.

luck:D

Back