• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some fans for my Thermochill 120.3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Go with three yate loons from your second link. Very little noise, but great temps. I use them on my PA120.3 and they keep my overclocked Intel 640, with an x1900xt in the loop, at 40c under full load on a warm day.

what is the comparison between the yate loons and Scythe S-Flex -f's? besides price? From shopping around the dba and cfm are apparently better on the Scythes...

I saw those numbers a while back and so I bought a few of the Scythes. I have both the yates and the scythe fans that I bought and there is little if no difference between the two except for about $10 each. The Scythes say they have fluid bearings, so I don't really know if they will outlast yates in the long run, but when you can buy 3 yate loons for $8 + shipping from Nexfan, the Scythes are simply not worth the money.

I use 3 yate loon D12SL-12 fans at 4 volts each on my PA120.3, and 3 more at 4v for case fans, and they are nearly silent. That is another nice thing about yates. They will undervolt all the way down to 4v and still start up.

nice. what controller do you use to get your fan pwr down to 4 volts? My old Nexus controller I use only takes the fans down to 7v.

JeffnWV said:
nice. what controller do you use to get your fan pwr down to 4 volts? My old Nexus controller I use only takes the fans down to 7v.

I know what you mean. I looked all over the place to find a controller that goes down to 4v. Ironically, I found a three channel Compusa-branded controller in store from them for like $10 that goes all the way down to 4v.

Back