• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water block options for a 8800 gtx?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-Blue-

hello all, i'm looking at options for my 8800 gtx and so far from what i've been able to see i've found:

EK block
DD

both in looks are almost the same, and in craftmanship i think the EK is much better..
performance wise i'm not sure since i haven't been able to find a comparison.

so apart form those 2 blocks what other options are there? if you can please leave a link to your suggestions i would apreciate it.

thanks

-Blue- said:
hello all, i'm looking at options for my 8800 gtx and so far from what i've been able to see i've found:

EK block
DD

both in looks are almost the same, and in craftmanship i think the EK is much better..
performance wise i'm not sure since i haven't been able to find a comparison.

so apart form those 2 blocks what other options are there? if you can please leave a link to your suggestions i would apreciate it.

thanks
:welcome:

Got ek on my 8800gtx idels at 40c with ambient of 24c inside case temp of 28c. So ek gets my vote, a bunch of thers will say the same. There is also the MCW60. But you need to buy additional heat sinks for the mosfets, and that will cost you about the same as the EK block. Got mine for 116.00 shipped from EK to socal.

thank a lot.. the ek was my first option but wanted to know if there were other options out there for full cover blocks that are not as known but are really good... i've been looking for comparison and head to head results for the blocks but did not find any.. either i'm looking in the wrong places or none have really been done..

but yeah unless something new come out i'll go with the ek :)

Back