• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celly 1.2 mobo recomendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

explorer

I just got a celeron 1.2 and was wondering if anyone has a motherboard recomendation for it. Thanks, Explorer

i have just done some research to buy my own motherboard (for a tualatin CPU) & came up with (my choice & guess which i brought):
1. Abit ST6-r. Probably the oldest board but a great performer, Some Vcore andj & full FSB adj & PCI/ ratio adj. Also the raid ports allow thingds like 2 CD's or CD burning on the fly. Only held back by lack of Vcore adjust. Although Pin wrap fixes this. Ist place.

2. Iwill BD133U. Appears great & has full Vcore adjust & FSB Adj. Has been know to give mixed results on O'clocked stability.2nd choice.

3. Gigabyte GA-60XET, new bios released (i believe & have heard) allows full FSB?PCi ratio & Vcore adjust. Cheap too. probably well worth a look if the bios rumours are tru. Probably a worthy 2nd as well, if the bios rumours are correct!

4. SOYO SY-TSIU, similar to Iwill but mixed on stability when over clocked.

5.ASUS TUSL2-C.. Held back by Vcore & inability to controll FSB/PCI ratios. Although a good board many have said it doesn't reach potential. Could be the best except for!!!!

Others; ABit VH6T. MSi MS6337?

I haven't mentioned any VIA chipset boards, my personal choice, however, they do have the advantage in that they can control more than 512meg's of RAM. The Intel chipset boards can only handle 512megs max, although that should be enough for this generation board. i have also heard that the via chipsets limit the Tualatin in reaching it's full potential?? Who knows?

Hope this helps. look at the mfg's sites & look at this forum for more info on the boards.

the Iwill BD133U is all luck whether or not your cpu works with it or not.,....minen didnt, had to order a TUSL2, id go with an ST^ or a Gigabyte.,...

Back