• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need ram suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SolidxSnake

So I've been thinking on a new rig. DDR2 is here to stay for a while right? Or is DDR3 around the corner?

Basically, want some good ram that will overclock decently. I'm thinking 2GB, unless 4GB is common now :)

Good brands to look for? What ICs on the sticks are considered good?

Anything else I should consider? I'm thinking I'm gonna get a Core Duo setup, so if any ram cooperates better with Intel setups as opposed to AMD setups, LMK.

Thanks.

Actually DDR3 is kind of just around the corner. No official release dates yet but I expect them to come just later this year.

ancalime said:
Actually DDR3 is kind of just around the corner. No official release dates yet but I expect them to come just later this year.

so is now a good time to upgrade? I am thinking of waiting just a bit longer...I am kinda waiting for AMD to push Intel and nVidia....so I can push my $ a bit further

Back