• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit ST-6 Raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ticktack

Registered
Any owner of these ST-6 Raid motherboard? How's the comparisons between these raid & non-raid version? I have a fren whom experienced helluva problems with this raid version. So, I am wondering any other sharing similar vexing conflicts?

Well this last weekend I finally pulled out my old Aopen AX6bc Pro 440BX mobo out of my second system and upgraded it to the Abit ST6 (non-raid). Besides having to tinker with the new (new to me) FSB divider ratios to get it right it went fine. Had to reload the operating system but once that was done the systems running stable and as fast as the old overclocked BX board. System specs:

System-2
----------------------
P3 700e @ 1001 (7x143)
Cc0 Stepping
vcore 1.80
Alpha PAL 6035 w/AS II
Sunon 23cfm 33dba fan
Temps:idle 32c/load 36
ABIT ST6 (I815ep step-B)
256meg Mushkin PC133 rev1.5@222
CL Annihilator 2 @ 230/360
NEC Multisync 50
Twin Fujitsu 13.6gig HD's
Acer 36x CD
Aopen 250w PSU
Win98 SE

maap said:
Well this last weekend I finally pulled out my old Aopen AX6bc Pro 440BX mobo out of my second system and upgraded it to the Abit ST6 (non-raid). Besides having to tinker with the new (new to me) FSB divider ratios to get it right it went fine. Had to reload the operating system but once that was done the systems running stable and as fast as the old overclocked BX board. System specs:

System-2
----------------------
P3 700e @ 1001 (7x143)
Cc0 Stepping
vcore 1.80
Alpha PAL 6035 w/AS II
Sunon 23cfm 33dba fan
Temps:idle 32c/load 36
ABIT ST6 (I815ep step-B)
256meg Mushkin PC133 rev1.5@222
CL Annihilator 2 @ 230/360
NEC Multisync 50
Twin Fujitsu 13.6gig HD's
Acer 36x CD
Aopen 250w PSU
Win98 SE

Nice setup. Now if you were to get a 1.2 in the future when they get to about $70 you will have your self a very sweet setup:)

I'm thinking of using one of these ST6 Raid versions in an upcoming prodject...I like the raid function, I had to add a card to my SH6 to get raid, and I like the raid, and it wasn't that hard to do it either, I just ghosted a drive I already had to the array. easy as pie. It was the HighPoint controller that is used on my card, and I believe on that (st6) board as well
I don't see any problems with it..I mean my bus speed is at 159mhz, so it can handle a few mhz overclock without much stress, but after 159, I loose the hdd's so for me 159 is the highest I can go.
hope this helps

DocClock aka MadClocker said:
I'm thinking of using one of these ST6 Raid versions in an upcoming prodject...I like the raid function, I had to add a card to my SH6 to get raid, and I like the raid, and it wasn't that hard to do it either, I just ghosted a drive I already had to the array. easy as pie. It was the HighPoint controller that is used on my card, and I believe on that (st6) board as well
I don't see any problems with it..I mean my bus speed is at 159mhz, so it can handle a few mhz overclock without much stress, but after 159, I loose the hdd's so for me 159 is the highest I can go.
hope this helps

I could hit 170+ MHz fsb on my ST6 without problems but it was the non raid version.

DocClock aka MadClocker said:
Dang! 170+ eh? that is choice...is the non raid version fcpga2 compatable?
Yeah it was with a .13u tualatin PIII. I ran it at 166fsb for a 1500MHz speed which was highly stable. I only had it to 1.6v for the 171fsb setting. It was not highly stable but I think with a little extra juice it would have been. I did not use the wiretrick back then. I used to OC the PIII to 1400MHz and run the vcore at 1.4v

Back