• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I switch my setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTFouts

Right now I have 2 water cooling systems in my UFO case running with an ATI X-800 and a Intel 3.6 Prescott as follows:

CPU > PUMP > PA120 Rad w/6 fan push-pull > 2 bay res.

GPU > PUMP > Black Ice 2 w/4 fan push-pull > 2 bay res.

I have purchased the ATI X1950XTX UBER edition crossfire set and the DD Tyee crossfire waterblocks. I am at a crossroads here. Should I change the 2 video cards to the bigger PA120 rad and the CPU to the Black Ice 2 or should I leave it as it is? What are the opinions of you guru's out there? I would really like to know before I tear this all apart and rebuild it yet again.

Last edited:
Well whats your cpu temp right now?

Personally, I think you could get away with 1 loop. I don't think those ATI's make a large amount of heat, at least compared to other cards.

--pak

That's kinda hot. Assuming everything is good in your loop, your cpu will probably make more heat than the two GPU's. Probably wanna keep the 120.3 on the CPU.

In the end, you are going to want to test it both ways to see which needs what rad. Thats going to be the definite way to get your answer.

--pak

You have a very similar setup to me in regard to the UFO and the 2 rads.

just get a 2nd pump and create dual loop system...

Mycobacteria said:
You have a very similar setup to me in regard to the UFO and the 2 rads.

just get a 2nd pump and create dual loop system...

i love how you feel you can run your system without ram...

but on to the subject

keep the cpu on the 120.3 and put the two gpu's on the other rad...

and have two complete loops one dedicated for the cpu and one dedicated for the gpu's

Back