• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To Buy or Not to Buy? OCZ 2 GB PC6400 Rev 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Knight3539

Alright, I need some advice. Currently, I don't NEED to upgrade, but with the prices on C2D's dropping and seeing the OCZ below at a very reasonable price, it's getting tempting. I'm trying to hold off until Sept, at which point I plan on getting the following:

C2D E6420
Gigabyte 965P S3
Tuniq Tower 120
2 GB of great overclocking memory -- currently looking at this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227139

The C2D and mobo are the last thing I'm going to buy unless I find a good deal before then. Since the OCZ is $118 after MIR, should I just go ahead and get it? Or should I just wait? Or is there a better memory that I should get for that setup? I plan on OC'ing as high as it'll go (on air).

Thanks for the help!

ya my ocz ram, while performing very well has been very stubbern to overclocking... anything over 830mhz at 5-5-5-15 with 2.2v going to it is unstable, I coulda just got a bad stick cause others have gotten better results. Under 700mhz I've succesfully gotten to 3-3-3-10 with 2.1volts. But at my clock I'm at 4-4-4-12 with 2.2v.
Mine are the S.O.E version though.

Back