• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally Crucial 512MB of PC2100 cas2.5!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dont you think that it is interesting that they waited until the price spiked for DDR before they came out with their 512s :)

Look beneath the brand name and do some math. Most manufaturers of DIMMs list the speed of the individual chips on their modules. They vary from:

5.0ns = 200 Mhz
6.0ns = 166 Mhz
6.5ns = 150 Mhz
7.0ns = 143 Mhz
7.5ns = 133 Mhz

That does not mean that the manufacturer can not test for better performance than the chips specify, but I'd put my money on the module that uses chips with the lowest number to start with. According to Crucial, their modules use 7.5ns chips. Kingmax 256MB PC2700 modules use Tiny BGA (5.0ns) chips. Unfortunately, I have not seen any 512MB modules with Tiny BGA 5.0ns chips yet, so if you want a single module solution that yields 512MB, then your choices go down. It's probably just a matter of time before Tiny BGA (5 or 6ns) 512MB modules will be available though.

73, Hoot

I just ordered 2 x 256mb of the kingmax 2700 5ns memory.The total was less than the crucial 512mb.

www.qbitpc.com

This is the first time I have ordered anything from this place so I don't know if they are any good yet.

Ok I just went there and looked they raised the price almost $10 per stick, I just ordered it yesterday for $69.00 per stick.

Just search pricewatch there were other places selling it for less than $78 per stick, I just picked this place because maryland is closest to me.

Last edited:
yeah I agree with all that the price is crazy high especially since I picked up a stick of 256 for 25bucks!

Placid how is the kingmax 5ns?

Just checked the crucial web site. What is up with those prices?

I just bought a 256Mb Crucial 2100DDR 2.5 for $25.00 (after $10.00) rebate from best buy.

They had the 512Mb's on sale too, with a $15 rebate, $59.99, total.

Man that sucks! Oh well you should probably do your Christmas shopping anyhow.

I would love to see what the Kingmax 5ns memory does. Please post some scores when it gets in.

I got the kingmax 2700.
Here is my crucial at 155mhz.
This is the fastest I could get the 2x256mb to go in my board at cas 2 with 2.7v.

Here is the kingmax (2X256MB)at 164mhz cas2.
This is the highest I can get my board (8K7A)to at the moment.
I tried slowing the memory to cas 2.5 to make sure it was not the memory no help. I get a unable to load hal in winxp at 165mhz.
I need to do some testing to figure out what the cause is ,no time now.

pretty sweet what vio are you at? might get some active coolers from svc I think they are 12.99 for the Tt with a tiny fan.

2.5v. I don't know if the tt heat spreaders will fit on the kingmax it's about half as tall as the crucial.
It might thou I have not tried using the ones from my crucial yet I would need more of the tape to try it.
Actually I will probably just keep the heat spreaders on the crucial and use it in another box.

Back