• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GTX cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenny_k

Hi, I have my 8800GTX WC'd, MCW60 with all the heatsinks on the front but was wondering, has anyone sinked up the backside of the card? Particularly the mosfets behind the voltage regulators. I was feeling them and they get really hot.

I've seen pictures of people doing that, though it's definitely not a necessity, as they would have come with a stock cooler from the factory. As for benefits, I'd say the best you'd see is a slight increase in stability, though 'see' is relative, as you won't notice it...
i.e.-if you have some sinks laying around, go ahead and slap 'em on, it doesn't hurt, but is it worth the $9-$20 for new sinks...probably not.

Thanks for the reply. The card is stable (stock card OC'd to 630/2000). I was feeling the sinks to see how warm they were getting and happened to touch those little mosfets that are on the back side of the card behind the voltage regulators. Those things are really HOT! That's why I was asking if anyone sinked them. Thanks again.

if youve got a sidefan blowing into your case they very well may do a solid job of cooling those nasty little buggers.i couldnt believe how hot those were!well tbh i couldnt believe how hot the whole friggin card was lol.keep us updated if you try it out.

Back