• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New MCW30 Hardmount kit from Swiftech available

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeffnWV

This from Gabe, the Swiftech man:
"The hardmount hardware is now available and can be ordered online effective May 1st (also read "Upgrade path" below). The brackets "raising kit" is also available separately; see discussion with naekuh above on this subject matter.

HARDMOUNT HARDWARE UPGRADE PATH (USA ONLY):

1/ MCW30 Purchased within last 30 days:
From May 1st and until May 31st, 2007 anyone who purchased an MCW30 with an invoice dated from April 1st to April 30th, 2007 will receive the harmount hardware for free (by mail). Simply email copy of your original invoice to [email protected] as well as your mailing address.

2/ MCW30 purchased earlier than April 1st:
From May 1st and until May 31st, 2007 customers who bought an MCW30 prior to April 1st, 2007 only need to pay for postage, and we will send the hardmount hardware for free. Simply send a self-addressed stamped (52cents) enveloppe to:
Swiftech
C/O Michelle - MCW30 upgrade
3700 Industry ave., suite 104
Lakewood, CA 90712

HARDMOUNT HARDWARE UPGRADE PATH (OTHER THAN USA)
Upgrade kits are being sent to participating dealers worldwide. Shipping and upgrade policies are left at the liberty of the local dealers. If your local dealer does not participate in the upgrade program, Swiftech will mail you the hardware for a nominal postage fee of $5.00

Since we are of the subject of the MCW30, I also wanted to pass on an effective technique to use that block for both NB and SB, using our "F" fittings. Since there is no need for much flow to cool these chipsets effectively, it is possible to use the "F" fittings utilizing 1/4" (ID) tubing as shown in the picture below. This will preserve high-flow in your 1/2" line, with the added benefit of reducing clutter in your sytem, as shown in the images below. Also notice how well the MCW30 fits on the EVGA Southdridge with an 8800 GTX installed."

Full thread here :
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2158723#post2158723

Finally, in my mind this is long over-due, having a waterblock sway back and forth isn't the most secure feeling in the world...

From my understanding (Im a little lost as usual) the "hard mount" means you dont have to remove MB out of the case to remove the water block is this what this is all about?

the hard mount hardware is a kit that includes a standoff (nylon bushing) to put under the mounting plate between it and the mobo...it keeps the chipset from flexing or rocking. People have had problems with this and the standard spring mount method...and some have even chipped off pieces of their chipsets.
The chipset is so small under these blocks that it's easy to do especially with the larger hoses attached

And yes the kit's hardare allows reinstallation of the waterblocks over and over without removing the mobo (have to remove it first time to install the hardware)

Thanks for this info.

Looks like I'm gonna get the hardmount for my MCW30 for the cost of shipping, really tough to beat getting more good at such a low cost for such an awesome chipset block.

Back