• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How good is OCZ Platinum Edition XTC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NedClocker

PC2 6400 2x1GHz?

I already bought it.

What do those 4-5-4-15 numbers mean?

Last edited:
NedClocker said:
PC2 6400 2x1GHz?

I already bought it.

What do those 4-5-4-15 numbers mean?

Those numbers are commonly referred to as timings. In general lower numbers perform better than higher numbers (all other things being equal in a system).

Some OCZ platnium needs a bit of a voltage boost to run at the rated timings, but this can vary between models.

Load it up, play with it, that's the only way to know how well it performs for you.

That's exactly the ones! $154.99 plus tax. I get a $25 mail in rebate if I motivate myself to sent it in on time.

I have this RAM myself.

With my old CPU, the e4300, I could OC my system from 1.80 to 2.97 GHz, run Orthos, and was rock stable after several hours.

Now, after I put in my e6420, I ran Orthos SMP in blended mode, and after 37 minutes and some odd seconds (twice), and it failed. I ran CPU only, and passed. I did the mem test only, and it failed after 30 some seconds.

It's good if you don't push your system. If not, go Corsair XMS2 or Mushkin.

Personally, I'm getting Mushkin RAM in a couple of weeks.

Back