• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flowmaster XT vs Swiftech H20-80 MICRO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Galoon

I have decided to start with a kit, after looking around i have really been thinking hard on

Flowmaster XT
http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=102

and Swiftech H20-80 MICRO CPU Liquid Cooling
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16835108074

I realized the one on egg is sold out now, but life will move on!

Any input on these two kits or suggestions for something else that will work with socket 775? I'm not sure about putting one together myself, but maybe thats the way for me to go, I have yet to decide.

Grab an Apogee GT, Black Ice series radiator (dual 120mm), 10ft of Masterklear, a gallon of distilled water, hose clamps, and an Liang D5 and you'll have a better system than both for around the same price.

Yeah, stay away from pre-made kits. Add a few dollars for an additive of your choice.

--pak

Look at it from another point of view if you had to buy all those parts individually it would cost more.

Sure buying individual parts that are better than the kit will provide better preformance but it comes at a cost, the kit seems to be more "value for money".

Mycobacteria said:
Look at it from another point of view if you had to buy all those parts individually it would cost more.

Sure buying individual parts that are better than the kit will provide better preformance but it comes at a cost, the kit seems to be more "value for money".
"Value for Money" ceases to be a viable option when the cooling is inadequate.

With the new Ultra-120 Extreme coming I'd wait a bit and see what that can do for $60 instead of about three times as much for a CPU only liquid loop.

WonderingSoul said:
With the new Ultra-120 Extreme coming I'd wait a bit and see what that can do for $60 instead of about three times as much for a CPU only liquid loop.

Anandtech already has their review of the new tr-ultra ex, and that cooler performs very well for air. I would not doubt that with some lapping, greater attention to TIM, and some better ducting, that the new TR would get even better.

32C at full load on a X6800 says a lot. Link: TR-U120 Ex Review

But if you really want to dive into water, I too would suggest acquiring the parts separately if you really want "value."

Either way, good luck.

Bryan d

another question, it might be covered some where but....

Would it be ok to add food coloring to a coolant?

also after reading that review on the TR-U120 Ex it sounds great but... "However, the location of the added pipes does create some issues with the Intel socket 775 adapter carried over from the current Ultra 120 kit. The adapter frankly won't fit through the heatpipes in the new design."

If they don't come out with a different bracket like posted in another part of the review I think i might bit a bit scared of wrecking something.

Last edited:
Stay away from food coloring. Those dyes are usually bad for pumps. You can buy pump friendly dyes for only a few dollars.

http://svc.com/apogee-gt.html Apogee GT $45

http://svc.com/dhwlp2.html Black Ice Pro II $34

or a Bonneville Heatercore ~$25

D5-Strong $75

10ft of Masterklear (search for it at mcmaster.com) should run you ~$10

Clamps, T line, etc ~$10

Fans ~$10-$20

You'll spend between $175 and $200 for a setup composed of those parts.

If you want to spend less, you can assemble the following:

Via Aqua 1300 or 1800 $20-$25

DTek Whitewater $30

Bonny Heatercore $25

Masterklear $10

Hose Clamps and fittings, tline, etc: $10-$15

Fans $10-20

Optional: Pump relay $20.

You're looking at around $100-$140 for a setup with these parts.

the swiftech rad is suppose to be one of the best rads you can get only behind the thermochills and you can get the triple mrc320 for less than $50

Back