• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Mole

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
just goes to show how bad fanboyism is. it really is believing something blindly, and that is dangerous.

Normally I believe all the front page stuff, that article took me a while to find it was fake. I kept reading through it saying "no way" to myself till I got to
This is the second post in my series of attempted humour about Microsoft.
at the bottom of the page.

HM: Clarg, that is an incredible story but it sure does explain the massive Vista delay and the striking lack of new features that if offers compared to Windows XP. Thanks for telling your story.

PS. This is the second post in my series of attempted humour about Microsoft. I don't know what has come over me in the past week. A few days I was picking at monkey-boy Steve Ballmer, a completely unprovoked attack on the idol of Visual Basic programmers world-wide.

In the interests of balance I will try to think up something stupid to write about Steve Jobs soon. To be honest, I am not sure he is interesting enough to make fun of.

[UPDATE: A discussion about the fact that this post is not real.]

Labels: Apple, Bill Gates, INTERCAL, Microsoft, Rating - Failed Humour, Rating - Unashamedly Nerdy
posted by Clinton Forbes at 11:01 PM
16 comments
links to this

PS: Yes, I know that it is not just Apple fans that don't always check their facts. But I do like to stir the pot, and the Apple pot always shouts the loudest. Apple nerds are nearly as vocal as they are geeky. (But unlike Microsoft or Linux nerds, most Apple nerds think that they are cool.)

PSS: For some reason the Apple sites linked to the INTERCAL search page on my site, rather than the article itself. This means that for 12 hours they were linking to my tutorial on INTERCAL, which would have confused those Apple fans even more. The tutorial received several thousand page-views, and would otherwise have gone unread. I have re-tagged the tutorial to help the poor Apple souls.

Labels: Apple, Clarg Creber, Fact-checking
posted by Clinton Forbes at 8:38 PM

I assume Ed read it all the way through first or he wouldn't have linked directly to the artcle :p

Last edited:
completely pointless, and total crap.

misinformation with wild abandon.

(but you scream: don't believe everything you read! and "always check the source" and "don't take things too seriously" and "the authors were having fun and so was the frontpage" and "youre gullible!")

guess what. its the front page of OVERCLOCKERS.COM

if skip, ed or joe wanted to have some fun, i suspect they could have had plenty of fun in the humor thread, GD, blue/green/Red areas... or even posted to a discussion area with an incognito account (come on, you know they have them along with the reds they had the power to give themselves...)

im a little disgusted. for the first time ive lost trust in the frontpage.

should i REALLY have to distrust it?
should i question the motives of our own top three?

the articles have been pretty good the last few months, and now they just completely screw the pooch. whats up with this?

i like to think they wouldn't post something on the front page of oc.com without reading it thoroughly, but the blurb doesn't really sound like they noticed it was a joke.

It was an obvious joke from the get-go.

Do you honestly think that a huge sophisticated company like Microsoft would take a CD their mole found in the trash seriously?

Also I don't care how high and mighty Mr Gates might be (he's more down to earth than Jobs), there would be too many flags thrown up by the coding teams and several levels of managers for even Bill to ignore.

Last edited:
Yes it was an obvious joke. It's about a month too late, however. It's OK to post things like that, in that way, on April 1st.

The number of people who'll say how witty the story on the front page was is by far less than the number of people who'll be pi**ed off so the big picture is it shouldn't have been done on any other day other than April 1.

Gotta love the internet, and misinformation :D

Sooo common, and usually much less obvious.

Back