• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p180 sliced and diced (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

res0r9lm

I also removed bottom hard drive cage and brackets including center fan bracket and made a mount to mount fan in bottom front with lexan. very top fans are nexus and the other are yates loons. Rad is BI 360 gt stealth pump is MCP655

Top.jpg
Right_side.jpg
Left_side.jpg
Front.jpg
Back.jpg
Rad_bottom.jpg
Top_rad.jpg

I think thats techinically a P182, Antec was shipping those in the 180 boxes, but the originial 180 didn't have tubing holes in the back, nor holes for wire routing.

emceepecks said:
Are those thermaltake smart case fan 2's?

If they are, I pity your ears :(
nope nexus on top and yates loon every where else. nexus are very quiet

The cable management cuts are looking good m8! Whats going in your loop cpu/gpu? Its a tight fit inside that case, but you have freed up lots of space already. Keeps the pics comeing...

I have apogee, mcw30, mcw60 blocks for the cpu, gpu, and northbridge but this is not a new setup I had same in a different case except with smaller rad and different fans. temps were 36-42c for cpu and 35-40c for gpu depending on load.

Same... have the same case, and didn't go down this route because I assumed with heat rising and all, the top was a bad place to mount the rad. Interested in temps though, from old setup to this beast!

Are you going to have enough intake fans? That's 4 exhaust and 2 intake, 5 exhaust and 2 intake if you include the PSU fan.

fritzman said:
Same... have the same case, and didn't go down this route because I assumed with heat rising and all, the top was a bad place to mount the rad. Interested in temps though, from old setup to this beast!
My psu has 2 fans and there is 6 fans on radiator so that a total of 11 fans. Here is my thinking about having a top mount radiator if your watercooling cpu, gpu and northbridge it is actually do 2 things it's removing the heat from the hotter components with the water and the fans are cooling water down and at same time increasing airflow thru case so I would think case should be no warmer than room temp.

I got as far as installing MB and watercooling is up and running. the cpu temp is 26c in bios. I think the rear fan may work better blowing in

I'll get some pics tomorrow. I was posting from another computer. I just got hard drives in

Better be careful, or you might end up developing a demand for a range of fancy wooden shrouds for us peeps with P180's!

Hangin out for the pic's bro.

hard drives are just in temporarily until I can get a bigger one. Right now I have 3 wd 250gb in striped array one
loop.jpg

Looking great...

Keen to see the bottom section also mate

Keep it up and keep the pic's coming

At first I thought all of the orange fans were Nexus as well, which would have amounted to a ton of money spent on fans. How do the YLs compare to the Nexus fans in terms of noise?

Back