• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte DS3 and OCZ Memory issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prpz

Motherboard stated above, picked up this yesterday OCZ (OCZ2SOE9002GK) DDR2 PC2-7200 2GB kit (2x1024) Dual channel Special Ops Edition 900MHz. Im not a total noob when it comes to bios and computer components I understand this memory requres more V them my motherboard is set to default so i put it up to + 1V +2V +3V and +4V
it crashes on windows only sometimes 1 in 5 (blue screen and memory dump ) and memtest only when i run two instances of it and when mem usage is at 98% for more than 5 min. Thats not the only problem when I run CPU-Z 1.39V it shows my memory as pc 5300 max bandwith 333MHZ and If i knew how i would post a screenshot so this is what cpuz states 5 -5 -5 15 settings dual channel mode under spd i get ddr2 and the same max pc5300 333mhz OCZ2SO9001G is the part number now in my bios F9 updated bios from gigabyte when i clear my cmos and put in just on stick by itself and boot it will automatically detect it as 667MHZ memory ddr2 stick with 5-5-5-13 timings if i inclrease the V same thing I put in another stick to run dual channel same thing both running at 667 on V+1,2,3,4 what am i doing wrong did i get defective memory or what are the possibilities here.....?I knwo i can play around with the FSB and get my memory manually to 900MHZ and input the 5-5-5-15 timings and v+4 to boot up and get into windows but bios and cpu-z still read it at PC5300 333MHZ max. I also have platinum kit 512 X 2 800Mhz which i played around with before the upgrade and have had it up to 950MhZ stable I just purchased this and can exchange it for the platinum version of the 2GB kit, that is kind of what i am considering? any experiences which is better more stable? and how are the compability issues with my mobo Im runing vista 32 bit Core 2 Duo watercooling any and all info and input is welcome as im stuck in between exchanging for the platinum series and or getting 2 new sticks of the current help and advice please.....

prpz said:
Motherboard stated above, picked up this yesterday OCZ (OCZ2SOE9002GK) DDR2 PC2-7200 2GB kit (2x1024) Dual channel Special Ops Edition 900MHz. Im not a total noob when it comes to bios and computer components I understand this memory requres more V them my motherboard is set to default so i put it up to + 1V +2V +3V and +4V
it crashes on windows only sometimes 1 in 5 (blue screen and memory dump ) and memtest only when i run two instances of it and when mem usage is at 98% for more than 5 min. Thats not the only problem when I run CPU-Z 1.39V it shows my memory as pc 5300 max bandwith 333MHZ and If i knew how i would post a screenshot so this is what cpuz states 5 -5 -5 15 settings dual channel mode under spd i get ddr2 and the same max pc5300 333mhz OCZ2SO9001G is the part number now in my bios F9 updated bios from gigabyte when i clear my cmos and put in just on stick by itself and boot it will automatically detect it as 667MHZ memory ddr2 stick with 5-5-5-13 timings if i inclrease the V same thing I put in another stick to run dual channel same thing both running at 667 on V+1,2,3,4 what am i doing wrong did i get defective memory or what are the possibilities here.....?I knwo i can play around with the FSB and get my memory manually to 900MHZ and input the 5-5-5-15 timings and v+4 to boot up and get into windows but bios and cpu-z still read it at PC5300 333MHZ max. I also have platinum kit 512 X 2 800Mhz which i played around with before the upgrade and have had it up to 950MhZ stable I just purchased this and can exchange it for the platinum version of the 2GB kit, that is kind of what i am considering? any experiences which is better more stable? and how are the compability issues with my mobo Im runing vista 32 bit Core 2 Duo watercooling any and all info and input is welcome as im stuck in between exchanging for the platinum series and or getting 2 new sticks of the current help and advice please.....

Whoa that's a really long post. Sounds to me like you got some bad sticks of RAM. If you still can, go and exchange them with the vendor, otherwise, take it up with OCZ.

have you tried running memtest86?not the windows memtest the boot from floppy/cd.

ran mem test for an hour on one stick it was fine ran it on another stick it was fine ran tham both at once memtest86+ froze up

Back