• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 bad sticks of RAM???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Christoph

JAPH Senior
I've got some perplexing problems with my computer that I won't go into right now. I suspect that I might have a RAM problem, but I've treid reinstalling win98 with each of my two sticks of 256 MB PC2100 Crucial RAM, and have still gotten all the same errors. Is it possible that I've got two sticks of bad RAM.
BTW, I only get errors during the final stages of the installation. The file copying goes fine.
Thanks.

yea i have one stick that i have to always take out before i install an os. try borrowing a friends ram and see what happenes.

{X-H}KnownKiller said:
wow.... Good to know someone is having the same prob as i.... Heres a link to a post that i wrote with my probs with my new 2 sticks of Crucial 256MB PC133 C2 that i picked up from Best Buy..

http://www.amdmb.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83447

Let me know if ya figured it out..... Oh and what system are you using ect.

After testing the sticks together and individually about 6 times (18 total tests) and not getting through more than one loop of the burn-in test without the program freezing or puking, I determined that it's time to give up on the RAM. I'm buying some more today, if I can get my debit card number (r0m4ni4n ha><0r, but that's another thread).

My post mortem analysis indicates that I killed the RAM by upping the VIO1 (Vmem) too high without OCing it any. I had an A7M266 mobo, a Gainward GeF2 MX400 and a Netgear FA310TX NIC, as far as relevent hardware goes.

{X-H}KnownKiller said:
wow.... Good to know someone is having the same prob as i.... Heres a link to a post that i wrote with my probs with my new 2 sticks of Crucial 256MB PC133 C2 that i picked up from Best Buy..

http://www.amdmb.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83447

Let me know if ya figured it out..... Oh and what system are you using ect.

I am running the kk266 with 512 in XP and have no problems but I couldn't overclock the fsb before with Server loaded.

Back