• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator enclosure project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EZ-Spidey

I have some free time and decided to start a new water cooling project.

The case I'm going to use is a Lian Li PC-v1000. I'm not sure if I'll be going
for a 120.2 or a 120.3 radiator. Originally I wanted to mount it in the inside
but I think it will be more fun and have greater flexibility if I put outside.

So anyway, what I'd like to do is an enclosure for it, to give it the same
look and feel like say an EXOS 2. It will house the radiator and fans.

Is there such a thing has radiator enclosures?

If no, what would be the best approach to custom build one?

There are some radboxes out there but they're usually a custom deal or not very good. The easiest way to do it would be to buy a cheap case and modify it. If you want something more custom that fits on top of the case, wood and acrylic are easy materials to work with. A wood skeleton with aluminum, steel, or acrylic panels would probably look very nice. You can even get the acrylic in colors to match your case (metallic colors included).

If you're going with an external rad, though, it seems silly not to get the triple.

The approach for you depends on your skills, tools, time, and personal preference. It's just a box with the rad on one side and the fans on the other. You could build it yourself out of wood, plastic, metal, or all three. Or you could find a ready-made box about the right size and cut the appropriate holes in it.

Back