• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston 667 1GB DDR2 SDRAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeaX

Registered
Hey everyone,

First off all i am new on this forum, so hi all!!:beer:
Second. I got this Kingston 667 1GB DDR2 SDRAM memory.
I did a few tests during the overclocking, but it seems this RAM is working against me while overclocking. is this true? Would anything help to cause this RAM to go a little further then its now??

cheers

almost all ram will overclock, how much depends on the particular set you have. you are going to have to give us more information than you have if you want us to help however.

what speeds are you trying to run? what timings are you trying to run? what voltage are you using? what are the stock timings and the stock volts?

oh, and welcome to the forums!

hUMANbEATbOX said:
almost all ram will overclock, how much depends on the particular set you have. you are going to have to give us more information than you have if you want us to help however.

what speeds are you trying to run? what timings are you trying to run? what voltage are you using? what are the stock timings and the stock volts?

oh, and welcome to the forums!

I use 210FSB , stock CPU Vcore (1.3-1.4V), 1.90V RAM Volts, with the FSB i raise my Mhz with 140Mhz now, i think its a little sucky overclock but i couldnt go further cause the RAM failed during a test higher then 210FSB. The RAM runs at 350Mhz instead of 340 stock(stock timings 5-5-5-15 only ive setted myself the 1T cuase its in my eyes a little fast since i dont have any further mind of memory overclocking). I soon get a new motherboard to overclock better but with this i should be able to run about 2150FSB (2.8 Ghz instead of 2.6 stock) The stock timings are 5-5-5-15 at 1T and Volts are 1.8 of my RAM. Hope u can help me :( :(

to be honest, a lot of that was confusing to me. lol, i'm not too up on A64 overclocking.

but i will say, your ram's stock speed is 333mhz, you are running 350mhz. stock volts is 1.8v, and you are at 1.9v. basically, you can try 2 things to go faster. you can raise your vdimm even more; i would be careful here, make sure you have really good airflow in your case around the memory, i would try up to 2.2v. you can also try loosening the timings. you're at the stock timings, i would leave that, but try running 2t. 1t can be a lot more demanding on ram than 2t AFAIK.

also, are you sure your cpu isn't holding you back? you are still at stock volts there, you might need a bump. i dunno, no experience with a64's. *shrug*. usually the process one would follow is use a ratio on the memory to run it at or under stock speeds, and overclock the cpu to its max. this way, you are sure the ram isn't holding you back. once you know the cpu's limits, then you can use a higher ratio on the ram, and overclock that in the same fashion to find its limits. when you know the limits of all your components, then you can find out a happy medium.

Back