• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

if I might just get a little superficial here... I want!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ares350

ram-30-v06_03.jpg

lol this just looks awesome, I literally want it just because it looks so awesome. I dont know how useful it is on actually cooling the memory, specially if Im not crazy enough to remove the heat spreaders anyway.

The 1/4" fittings are pretty lame but if you setup a separate loop it will cool the memory some. Really thats something that would have been more useful in the BH5 days.

dont count me out yet :p Im running BH6 in my core 2 duo.

bah, if only my new mobo had voltage adjustments...

anywho; yeah, I think if I did it, Id have to get 4gb of ram, and split the 1/2" line up and run the 2 sinks in parralel to divide the flow; hopefully ease the restriction.

interesting.
If I had a bunch of money, and wanted to build a crazy (overkill) watercooled computer, than sure, i'd get one and put it on it's on loop, along with some hard drives blocks.

Reminds me of the first time I ever saw heat sinks (spreaders, whatever) on ram. I just went "Wow, I have got to get some of those. It doesn't matter if they actually help or not".

By the way, Luckily, they do!

ares350 said:
fans can cool cpus too, but wheres the fun in that?

Not the same idea... Ram only needs to be actively cooled if they are pushing some serious speeds/voltages... CPUs on the other hand :rollseyes:

who runs stock voltages on their ram?

no but seriously, I was clear right up front, this would be a purely superficial mod. any actual improvement would just be bonus :p.

Back