• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap DDR2-667 cas5, D9's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
i picked up a stick of cruical/micron ddr2-667 cas5 1.8v from newegg, almost got 2.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146571
i think i should have for a total of $82. peeling back the stick shows me D9HNL on the ic's.
d9hnl.jpg
pic is a bit fuzzy was the best one out of 10 shots, my cannon cammie doesnt have a macro mode. looked in the manual 3 times..

no testing on this stick yet since it was meant for the HP rebuild that got scrapped due to the ram clips on the mobo hitting the cd/dvd mounts.

Last edited:
wow thats a sweet price man!have you had a chance to check them out yet?

thats on the books for tomorrow... as i had the plans of using this in another rig i thought would be up and running by now.

just got done with a 32m run @ddr2-800 [email protected]
i cant set the mem timings for somereason with memset now on this board, imma have to look for the new ver.

heck thats pretty darn good for only 1.9v!especially for a $80 set!great find for a nice budget build.

i was tring to post this last night but something was funky and couldnt get into to the forums.

here is a ddr2-900 [email protected], though uguru reads 1.92v.
d9hnl900.jpg

more testing when i get home from work.

Last edited:
sure cant not for $40, nice for someone really on the cheap.. as i have found just a little while ago. XS has a post about the same ic's with them topping out around that speed and the extra volts doesnt help.... i got my fingers crossed though!

i hate to say it but it looks like all the ram will give me is ddr2-900 [email protected]. i went all the way up to 2.3v tring to get it to boot at DDR2-930, no joy. in the end if you dont need massive ram clocks these are a good choice for $40. it was fun testing these cheapies.. imm prolly going to pick up 3 more sticks of this after i get paid.

Last edited:
ah well thats still very respectable for that price!you really cant beat that at all.

yea esp looking at the price of cheap ddr2-800 sticks with the same cas timings needing the same votls. the cheapest i saw for 2gigs was $109, go with 2 of these and well $82 is alot nicer.

pik4chu said:
good find for 2gigs worth, but bad find for me and my farm. Thanks for the work though :)
1:1 ratio with 450fsb fits your farm :) lets you oc and keep the ram in spec:beer: you know you want a set for $82 :p

looks like they did good thing i placed my order the other day for another one @$40

Well it seems I was a little bit hasty ordering the G Skill.

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2867

Looks like I should have gotten these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146565

I just ordered the G. Skill this evening...How are they about canceling an order...But ordering something else ???

Buyers remorse...LOL...Now I remember why I got so burned out a couple of years ago...This building hot rod computers can be madding...But hey it is a hell of a lot of fun.

Little expensive sometimes...Especially if you just have to have the latest and greatest.

Back