• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR2 1000 D9 (black)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimmsch

Does anybody know if this stuff uses the D9 micron chip? If so is it the GKX or GMH? If not, what would be the best D9 DDR2 1000 RAM I can get with a black heatspreader in and around the $200 spot?

Thanks -Jim

I don't know about the ddr2-1000's, but I can guarantee newegg is shipping the ddr2-800's black pcb with D9GMH for a while now and as of last week. If you are real lucky they will scratch them up for you and sell you the 8500 tracers for another $50 off :santa: I could be wrong but I believe a gskill rep said NONE of their ram use (or have used) GKX. They still OC quite well though......not that I've had time to do extensive testing. So I can't give exact numbers quite yet.

Gautam said:
This
This has gotta be the best DDR2 on the planet, just amazing stuff.
I was looking at that. Is there any way to eliminate the LED's?

Moto7451 said:
You could always buy confirmed D9 and add heatspreaders that are black.
I am afraid to remove heat spreaders that might void warranty.

you can get the ballistix rather than the tracers for about $10 less.seems to clock just as well as the tracers too.

maxfly said:
you can get the ballistix rather than the tracers for about $10 less.seems to clock just as well as the tracers too.
The only ballistix I can find are orange. Can you link me to the black ones?

inkfx said:
The only D9 with black heatspreaders I can think of is either the G.Skill memory or the Tracer series.
The Tracers seem to be the best and most popular atm, but I can't live with those epilepsy inducing flashing LED's. I think I have narrowed it down to these Mushkins or these G Skills. I am just not sure if they use the D9 chips or not and don't know how to find out.

Of those two I am leaning more toward the Mushkins. Does anybody know how to find out if either the G Skills or the Mushkins use D9?

Thanks -Jim

eaglescouter said:
black tape to cover the flashing lights?
LOL...That thought went through my mind also, but I think I don't want to do that. It might restrict air flow or something like that and start a fire. LOL

If some body can just confirm what chips the Mushkins and G Skillz are using my choice will be easy. I wish I knew how to find out the answers, but the only place I can find that mentions the chips is Newegg reviews and I really don't like to use that for information.

use black electrical tape then! the leds are blocking what air would go thru there if there were no leds in the first place.

that is sweet gauntam!! i have to ask though what volts did you need for that run?

I used 2.73 or so...BUT...that's only needed for the last drop. 2.4v is enough for super high CAS 5 clocking, 670 or so benchable I'd venture.

ah so i was right that promos are about 100mhz lower in ocing for 24/7 use, luck of the draw as well.

Gautam said:
So, don't you think the $20 premium is well worth this? ;) (I like the lights personally)
While this is truly a remarkable achievement Gautam I do not believe my mobo will allow it. In fact from what you wrote in another thread I know it won't. Really I would buy that RAM if it didn't have those blinking lights.

I somebody can just let me know if these Mushkins or these G Skills use the D9 chip or suggest another module with black heatspreader and no lights that has D9 I will be all set.

Thanks Gautam for always being right here to help me out whenever I post a question. Thanks to all others who chimed in here.

-Jim

the gskill hz's do have micron D9's, as for which ones it could be either GKX or GMH.

Back