• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 stick of ram dead and replacement options.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mkirby

mkirby said:
so i set up my rig, tossed in my team group ram and it was all good. a quick bios check and saw there was 2 gigs of ram. exelent. So i start formatting my harddrive while im watching Wildboyz. so it was aroind 50 %, next time i looked and got a black screen. ( was like 2 mins later). so i restart... no post. after an hour of trouble shooting, turns out one of the sticks of ram is dead. Probably due tp the problem team group had with their packaging bending the heat spreaders which sometimes damaged the ram chips. so now im installing windows with 1 stick of ram and gotta contact ncix about getting new ram. I bought the ram 4 months ago.

thats a quote from my post in gereral hardware about my new rig. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=510255

Now im about to contact Ncix.com about replacement ram and while im at it i might as well ask you guys what the best ram for the rig in my sig would be? gotta be from www.ncix.com. Should i stick with the teamgroup ram or go for something else?.

thats what i gotta do anyway. bummer, wont have this rig running till next week i guess.

Back