• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 2400 cas2 ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Crucial is a very known overclocking ram-brand.

Affordable too and you won't believe the benchmarks! Corsair is good too but I find it quite expensive.

I run Corsair pc2400 2x256mb in my Asus A7m266.My FSB is 153. I have no problems, although I can't go any higher. I need a Vmod for my board.

But I also have 2 sticks of pc2100 256mb Crucial that I just got from Best Buy on Sunday. ($25 each after mail-in-rebate). I'm gonna try these suckers out.

I upgraded the memory on my PIII 800 with Crucial pc133 256mb and I'm able to hit 1008 MHz. Being running Seti non-stop for a couple of days with no probs.

Last edited:
Sticks (RAM) and system packages differ from person to person.
Im sure everyone reading this knows, you have to take in account for your power supply, CPU, and PCI/USB devices when oc'ing your FSB.
Personally I believe I have a lucky stick of Mushkin PC2400.
I have been able to oc this to 165 CAS 2 stable running SETI 24/7.
I dropped this to 160fsb with a x 10 for a 1.6ghz because I dont have cash to replace this stick just yet. @ 165 even thou its stable, its bound to die sooner than at 160.
I have heard of people only being able to get this stick to 155 CAS2 before lockups.
The only mod i have done is adding a nice cooling solution to my North Bridge.
Also I dont run any USB devices.
Ihave a 1.4 T-Bird with an SK-6 on it.
The case is much to loud for now, Im looking into peltiers at the moment, to get rid of some noise. Or maybe even lining the inside of my case with Dynomatt.

Back