• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooled Lian-Li V1000B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamcaster

Registered
Thought i would just post pics of my new rig :) seen loads of watercooled v2000's and not many v1000's. I can kinda understand why now as its quite a tight fit to get everything in there. But for someone wanting a smaller case its ideal :)

Specs -

6600 @ 3.6 (1.5v)
MSI 680i Motherboard
G.Skill 6400 HZ 2gb
BFG 8800 GTS @ 650 950
2x Seagate 320gb
Audigy 4

Cooling -

D-Tek Fuzion CPU Block
EK 8800GTS Block
Danger Den Fillport
DDC-ULTRA Pump
Thermchill PA.120.2 Rad
4x Sharkoon 1000 Fans

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Very nice, very clean. I love a good Lian-Li setup. Been thinking of switching to a Fuzion block soon myself. Good job on fitting everything inside the case as well. Nice and compact. Just be sure to push that memory up to 1000 Mhz DDR2 speeds, because it likes to run fast. :)

How do you like that Corsair PS? I've got one on the way.

Great inspiration, i have a stripped out V1200b sat on my desk now, glad i have a few extra inches to work in :)

The Corsair has plenty of grunt aaronjb and its nice and quiet too, just put one in a P180, gunna tranship it to the V1200 when the build gets advanced..

Griff65 said:
Great inspiration, i have a stripped out V1200b sat on my desk now, glad i have a few extra inches to work in :)

The Corsair has plenty of grunt aaronjb and its nice and quiet too, just put one in a P180, gunna tranship it to the V1200 when the build gets advanced..

Yeah you will have a lot more room to play about! I went with this as i wanted a small case as i've come from a very big one

Looks a lot better than my first build. I like it.

Just some constructive criticism, I think you can reduce your length of tubing by a lot(I am not sure what is going on behind the DVD and hard drives).

And you need some round IDE cables.

--pak

Yeah defo all sata for the future! The tubing is at the shortest i can have it tbh for the placment i have things. Thanks for the comments!

It needs the black liquid the other dude has to go with the Black MB and the Black Lian Li, then it would look real sick...

You have a nice 680i SLI ready MB, However IF you wanted to SLI will the rad get in the way when you install another GPU?

What would you do to over come this problem, will a thinner X flow style rad, allow you to install SLI?

It could be done but....

That would kill the neat looks he has worked so hard to create, and he would have to drill more holes into his lian li to feed the external rad.

Yeah black would look cool! Maybe another thing to add in the future!

I have no plans for sli, only using this motherboard as i got it for very cheap

The zip ties dont really need to be there tbh as the tubing is 7/16

WhatTheSchmidt said:
only gripe I have is that you used zip ties over the connections....guess it's working though

Zip ties work great, and you can really get them pulled tight. So tight, in fact, that they can cut into soft Tygon.... which I may have done and may have severed a tube at the barb. ;)

Mycobacteria said:
im pretty sure worm clamp can go tighter....

With a more secure fit, too. Just be sure to get the non-perforated type so that you don't cut into soft tubing when tightening.

Back