• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4gb gskill overclocking results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryantt

here are the pics , check temp how nice they are in the burning process for just water :) i could go more but i don't want to rick this nice CPU ,so for those who are concern of how does a 4gb overclock there u have it same as 2gb only at 1.90 voltage on memory

Attachments

• Untitled2345.jpg
    Untitled2345.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Sweet! Now you've got to get another set and join the "8GB Club"! What CPU voltage are you using to get to 3.6GHz?

I can boot to 3.6GHz at 1.45v but I'm not stable. I would need to jack up the CPU voltage and then I would need better cooling. I don't really want to go with water cooling though. Too much maintenance... (for me) But with South Florida temps, it probably makes sense!

thanks ,hahaha no no 8gb jet 4gb working perfect but i am still going to try the mush kin 4gb kit that is 4 3 3 10 vs gskill 5 5 5 15 to See the diff :) is already order...i iwll let u know ..

i use 1.47 vcore ...

So I'm guessing this is 4 x 1Gb sticks?

I'm thinking about going for the extra 2Gb of G.Skill HZ but don't want to affect the E6600's OC capabilities....

looks like 2x2gb from the ss.
i wouldnt worry about 4x1gb either tho.i get the exact same top out with 4gb as with 2gb.1180 with either at 2.2v 5-5-5-15.the whole you wont be able to oc as high with 4x1gb is no more than old myths from the p4/athlon days.their may be exceptions but ive tried all 4 in 2 going on 3 mbs(975/680i) and have had no problems at all.with prices the way they are.grabbing another 2gbs is hard to resist lol.
sorry for threadjacking Ryan.very nice oc!

Stevie G said:
Thanks Maxfly, I was thinking it shouldn't matter.

Sorry ryan for the HJ....
is ok :) what iam using is the 4gb gskill kit pq 2gb in slot 1 and 2gb on slot 3 :)

ah i c.very nice then!what kind of timings can that stuff do at 400?is 5-5-5-15 the tightest you can go with it?not that it will make much of a dif anyhow but still curious.

maxfly said:
ah i c.very nice then!what kind of timings can that stuff do at 400?is 5-5-5-15 the tightest you can go with it?not that it will make much of a dif anyhow but still curious.
yeah that's the max she is doing 5 5 5 15 that's why iam going to try the 4gb kit xp2 from mushing 4 3 3 10 almost 500$ but if it does that is worth it il let u know results this wk

Back