• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

g.skill 2x1GB D9GMH PC-6400 @ 1190 Mhz DDR2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaronjb

Messing around today with some fans and cables in my case, and I had to remove my memory. So I decided to clean the contacts with alcohol before I put the sticks back in. Note that I do not know if this variable accounts for the improved OC ability of this memory, but otherwise I'll attribute it to magic. Or this Long Trail that I'm drinking.

These little scamps are now at 595 Mhz, 5-5-5-12 2T with 2.25v. There's an OCZ XTC cooler on them, but that's nothing special. I made it through 3 full cycles of Memtest86+ error-free before booting into Windows (Vista64 Ultimate), and I managed a couple quick SuperPi 1M runs.

g.Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ

SuperPi 4M:

I'll feed the some more juice and see how far I can push them. I'll give 3DMark06 a run as well and see if they'll make it through without a bluescreen. Updates in a bit...

Update: Here's the limit @ 2.4V: 637.5 Mhz (DDR2 1275, 2:3 ratio with my FSB), 5-5-5-12. I hesitate to give them any more voltage:

Strangely, Everest reports no real change in read speed - 10733 MB/s @ DDR2-1275 from about 10500 MB/s @ DDR2-1100 speeds.

Last edited:
OK, settled on a reasonable speed: 575Mhz, 5-5-5-12 2T @ 2.25v. I'll try and push the timings a bit, but I'm pleased with this result. Best of all, I've moved to a linked FSB : DRAM (3:4) as opposed to the more unstable unlinked mode. DDR2-1150 isn't too shabby for DDR2-800 RAM.

Strange though - under XP64, everest pops over 11K MB/s read at 575 Mhz, where under Vista64 the read was slower at 637.5 Mhz.

Am I late to the party or what? I thought this was a pretty good speed for these sticks. No certificate for me? :cry:

sneveTsS said:
Nice nice, I'm having trouble getting my gskill above 420mhz :(

Make sure that you're feeding them the minimum 2.1v in the BIOS. Many BIOSes will auto-detect at 1.9v or lower. If these are the -HZ model, then you should have no problem geting them to 500 Mhz.

Promo code was in a 5/4 newegg mailing.

EMC503DSKIL

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]

Back