• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bay reservoir or internal reservoir?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDawggS316

Which is better.

I think the idea of a bay reservoir is space-saving and pretty cool.

Thoughts?

It really doesn't matter that much, but bay reservoirs have two minor advantages; they are usually high and thus prime your pump(s) as well as being easier to bleed, and they usually save a good amount of space.

Which ones have more than 2 intake wholes?

So let's say I purchase a bay reservoir, and plan on water cooling my CPU and GPU, how would I have both of those connected to a bay reservoir?

Remember...Im a super n00b :bang head

What about the PrimoChill Typhoon 5.25" Dual BayRes? It looks pretty cool and looks like it can hold alot of coolant.

everything in your loop goes in series(unless otherwise designed for some other purpose)

in your case, all in series, so basicly water would go, pump-radiator-cpu-gpu-Reservoir and back to pump.

so you just have an in and an out on the reservoir.

I had a bay reservior in my last system, it was very basic, Im not sure how much theyve improved since then. it was a box, with a dividor down the middle to route the water around. I didnt like it. it CONSTANTLY sucked air. if there was the slightest air in the bay, then that air pooled by the outlet and got sucked out with the flow. also, I had to tilt the case to get the air by the fill hole to fill it up so it wouldnt suck air.

I like to think theyve addressed this issue somehow, a dual bay reservoir would certainly help being that it would have more depth and less likely to pull a siphon from the surface. but that is getting to take alot of space at that point, thats alot of volume.

then again, Im a bay *****, 10 bays in my case, and I have all of them used for something or other.

bay reservoirs do not work very well as they are not very easy to fill, don't bleed very well, and take up too much space. I would recommend the swiftech microres, or even the EK res, and nothing else that is commercially made.

Bay res is SO DAM EASY to fill and bleed...

Bay res holds a thousand times water water than swiftec micro-res.

Bay res can come with multiple inlets and outlets.

Mycobacteria said:
Bay res is SO DAM EASY to fill and bleed...

Bay res holds a thousand times water water than swiftec micro-res.

Bay res can come with multiple inlets and outlets.

While that may be true in your case, the other ones that are made are much smaller and are indeed harder to fill. You custom made yours to fit your specifications, that makes it much different from a retail one. Also, you have a case that makes it extremely easy to fill...

OP, have you considered a t-line?

They work fine. At first encountered issues similar to those noted by area350 because I didn't fill it far enough. Once the liquid was topped up everything was fine. Learning, with bay res important to fill em up. In any event they look better full. Nice bling value when friends and family are around.

P1010355.JPG

How do you fill that?

Do you have to take the CD rom out of the case to fill it up?

A funnel will save you time and stupid spills.

Also I dont think you MUST fill it 100% full... As long as its full enough for the pump to constantly suck water its all good. In my case because the outlets are on the bottom I can fill it 10% full and it would be plenty of water.

that would depend on your pump and loop. on mine I had an eheim 1260, it moved major volume, and it sucked a vortech if there was any air in it. it would drain the resevior near the outlet from the force of the flow, so thats where the air would pool and get sucked in.

to fill them btw, atleast on mine, you pulled the bay out a bit. very easy if you happen to have a toolless bay design, pop the clips or whatever, slide it out and inch, and theres the fill hole with its plug.

Back