• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First Attempt at Watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icantfindone

computer_pictures_044.jpg

I have more pics if they are wanted.

MCP-655 pump
EK-FCX1900 Block
D-tek Fuzion CPU
BIX2 rad
Tygon r-3603 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing
2 x 120mm Yate Loons

Clean job. I never understood using non transparent tubing though. How can you tell if you have air bubbles or if your water level drops?

--pak

Believe it or not, that is clear tubing. I used FluidXP Extreme Phantom Black. Heres some more pics

computer_pictures_037.jpg

computer_pictures_039.jpg

computer_pictures_040.jpg

Those pics were taken during the build, so the wires are a bit messy, but the look turned out very clean after i finished it out.

That is sweet! I never knew they made black dye. I guess with black dye, it makes seeing the bubbles even easier huh?

And now that I have a clear look at everything, did you have a hard time bleeding that? The first time I did my loop, I had my rad lying down at a slight incline have the barbs on the lower side. I had a little bit of a hard time bleeding because the air bubbles would get stuck on the other end of the rad. I had to constantly pick my rig up every once in a while to get the bubbles out and I found a lot. I imagine with that setup air bubbles get trapped even more at the top of the rad.

--pak

I just put the pump on high and it seemed to blow the bubbles out. The flow is pretty smooth and the temps seem about right, so i dont think i have any air in the rad.

icantfindone said:
I just put the pump on high and it seemed to blow the bubbles out. The flow is pretty smooth and the temps seem about right, so i dont think i have any air in the rad.
I'll tell you what, I really like the black liquid, good job!! You could have made the lines a little shorter, but for your first time, very nice. :santa2:

get some clamps on that thing or im gonna club you! zipties dont count.
otherwise, welcome to the club =) it looks very nice for any water cooled pc, nevermind a firsttimer.

I ended up using clamps on the barbs on the external radiator, but they just looked terrible inside the case. I have yet to find a single drop leak after 48 hours. The standoffs I made for the radiator turned out really nice. I dont know if anyone noticed them, but they are from an Aerocool clear 80mm fan. I just cut the 4 corners of the fan off and screwed them onto my radiator, then bolted it through the fans and stock fan holes on the back of my case.

@ Myco - I havent had the liquid in the tubes long enough so know for sure, but it didnt stain my fingers when I spilled it, or the measuring cup with spout I used to pour in my T-line. It rinses away pretty easy with water, so I bet I could flush the system with water to clean it whenever I wanted. I kinda really like the black fluid though.

You could use those plastic clamps. link
They are black so I bet you will barely see them.

I think you started something new here. Black fluid is the future!

--pak

If a leak springs up, i might change it. Funny thing about the fluid though, I originally ordered clear, but UPS broke that package and threw it away, and SVC was out of stock of the clear, so I asked them to send me black, since all the other colors were just way to flashy for my taste. I really like how the black turned out.

Back